From Russian forum: 'new' German sound sets

Unrar the archive and you should have a folder called 'samples', just pop that into the game folder (it contains a pile of wavs). The other one is a mission with a line of men and tanks so that you can try out the sounds, pop that into the folder where the single missions are.

Have fun

Finn

The only problem is the automatic weapons like the SMG's and the MG's don't use multi-burst samples like these. They use very short, individual shots which are then chained together from independent sound files. Using the CC samples, it would sound like you were firing over 50 rounds in each 6 round burst!

I get the impression only one sample at a time is playing, so although it might try to play 5 or 6 shots only one seems to come through. Would need to find my old Close Combat CDs and install them to be sure. If it is the case then they could be sliced up to combine into the longer sample. In any case the sounds certainly sound a lot beefier.

As the first few CC games came out under Microsoft I think they had a budget for real recordings rather than the generic ones in ToW (listen to the samples one at a time and you'll find a lot are exactly the same). I miss the distinctive (and correct) 'burping' German LMGs from CC...

Have fun

Finn