9th german Mission (St. Lo)

Can someone please help me how to go about this strange mission?

Two attempts so far and losing interest quickly.

Strange because I laughed hard as none of all my Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck boys hit anything :eek: .

My anti-tank grenade guys jump out of their trenches and run circles around enemy tanks before dying gracefully :D .

My foolish try to make an ambush did not leave an impression on the enemy and a Scout Car began to fire even before my men which were waiting silently in cover of some houses.

A M24 required several hits from a Pak 40 to die while in reality one would go straight through front to back and my Panther and Tiger were destroyed by a laser sighted M36 Jackson with the first shot :rolleyes: .

Some of the 8 german missions so far were quite okay but Dunkirk was far out and this one earns a medal for laughs.

Hi Stoppelhopser, yep, this one took me a while too, not to mention a large dose of patience.

Your elite para troopers are pretty much doomed, the only suggestion I can give you as far as placement for these fellas goes, would be to position your Panzerschreck's behind the last brick wall that surrounds the farmhouse on the left, lay them prone and hug that wall, this will give you maybe a 50% chance of at least disabling one tank.

for your panthers and tigers, I usually hide them behind the ridge line of the trenches on your left. From here they can hit enemy tanks close to their starting positions and are protected from anything lower down in the valley.

Cant quite remember, but I think I might have 'purchased' myself an extra AT gun at the start of this mission too - it definitely came in handy.

The pak38's that you receive as reinforcements I rush 2 to sit on the plateau just behind the trenches on your left and face them towards your right flank, these 2 are quite effective at dealing out good defense to the attack on your right flank, the remaining pak38 I rush forward and sit him behind a small ridge line, also set him up facing your right flank. I also send an SPG to sit up close with him - these 2 are capable of dealing out some devastating point blank fire at the shermans coming over the hill on your right flank.

Your only hope for the m36's that come at you in the last attack wave are really your tiger, panther and any remaining tanks that may have survived the previous onslaught . There are loads of ridges to hide the hull of your tanks behind, leaving only the turret exposed - this is your biggest advantage.

I know this must all be quite hard to visualise without any pics to show you specifically what Im talking about, unfortunately Im at work, dont have internet at home and have no idea how to post images in the forums :-(

Anyway, good luck... give thos e bloody yanks a pasting! :)

[ November 19, 2007, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: R33GZ ]

Finished the mission on medium difficulty.

Was not easy but by doing my interpretation of what was written here I suceeded.

Next Mission after that is another mission from hell. Also switched to medium difficulty after five tries.

Now at the Ardennes mission, first on hard to see if I make it through.