Wacht am Rein mission, German Campain

hi im having trouble doing the Wacht am Rein campain for the germans because i lose all my units to the enemy at guns, im able to conquer the first line of defense except on the left side but when im on top of the hill on the right side i move to the left to complete the objective and theres a second line of at guns on the north and i lose all my tanks and infantry, i would apreciate any help to complete this mission.

Firebird

Firebird76 i'm fairly new to the game and far from an expert but i have learned very quickly how to deal with the AT threat from experincing the Dunkirk Map 2nd scenario in! (not easy lol)

My solution is to crawl men into position with orders to hold fire until you can see all the AT threats.

Then and only then i will group my tanks, set their gun sight aim to low and order them to advance in line.

When they have a clear shot prefarebly from a hull down position i order them to area fire at the AT guns!

It normally does the trick particularly if they all shoot at the same target at the same time however somtimes you can be unlucky.

Hope this helps!

Cheers SS_KONIG

Yes, in fact area fire usually is the most effective way to deal with enemy guns from large distances. Basically you try to see where gun smoke appears when it shoots and order your tanks /guns to fire at that spot or slightly further. If you've played CC, you probably know this tactic very well;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Firebird76, its been a while since Ive played that mission... if its the one Im thinking of you start with a couple of Brumbarren SPG's?

If it is this scenario, then place those suckers on the top of the hill in/near your deployment area. From this position you can lay down some HE area fire on most of the AT guns in your way

the big problem is when you get up and over the hill looking into the town there are 3x BIG AT guns on a slope behind the town... needless to say, they show no mercy to any of your Panzer boys.

Of course I could be talking about a completely different scenario and leading you around the proverbial mulberry bush.

good luck

that woudl be nice, but there are trenches coverning the AT guns... not to mention the sniperborg accuracy of the AT gun crews - this coudl have been changed inteh last patch though as I havent played this map since before the patch.

Definitley need to lay down some HE area fire on the gun positions first then roll in with tanks and infantry - one step at a time