Steel Avalanche

Been stuck on this mission for over a month now and am starting to wonder whether this mission was meant to be won by the Russians on highest setting. If the devs, or anyone else for that matter have beat this mission on Vet mode , I would gratiously request a tip on how and what tactic was used. Challenging yet very tough mission. ;)

Just behind your forward trenches is a small slope. Hide every AT weapon you have behind this slope. The oncoming panzers will overrun you trenches.... nothing you can do to stop that.

However, as they appear at the top of this slope hit them with everything you've got !!!

As reinforcements appear on map drive them straight forward to be hidden behind this slope. Don't stop to engage anything at range. In a ranged confrontation the Tigers will eat you for breakfast.

Following the strategy outlined above you will engage only 2 or 3 enemy tanks at a time... at point blank range... where you have the advantage. The 8x T34s and 3x SU100s you get as reinforcements are more than enough to win this fight under these conditions.

To be entirely honest though... my first attempt using this strategy ended in a loss. Too many panzers got in amongst my T34s and the crews actually paniced. Tanks refused to fire due to morale issues. One crew actually bailed out of their undamaged tank only to be cut down by machine gun fire.

I completely restarted the mission and with a little more fine-tuning ended up with the win.

Unfortunately my reinforcements do not all make it behind the slope in time. Have tried this tactic 45 times now on Vet mode and it is not working. Am encountering 3-4 tanks at one time coming from above the slope and do not have enough tanks to make a difference. Regarding the AT guns, I manage to move 2 behind the slope but the third one gets picked off every time. Still have not heard a peep from the devs regarding this mission if it is indeed beatable with the above tactic. :(