figured out why they dont' put in ranges

When you target something. They don't want you to figure out that the game is out of whack.

Even on easy (first game for germans campaign), im banging way 4 tanks vs 1 tank and /......

bang, one of my tanks is dead

5 min later

BANG another german tank is dead

2 min

BANG another german tank dead

and finally BANG final tank is dead.

VS ONE DAMN FRENCH TANK!!!!!

that's when i said this game is BS. I can't even track the farking french tank in all that time. I have played ALOT of stategy games, only ww2. And in my 37 years i mean ALOT. All the combat mission, the close combat series ect ect. And not once have I seen this type of garbage.

Not sure this really belongs in "Strategy and Tictacs". :)

Maybe we need a new "Rant and Shout" forum? ;)

But as Mj Private says, ranges are displayed on the sliding penetration bar for each gun when it's selected.

Also what tank were you trying to attack? If this is Dunkirk then you might have been taking on a B-1 (very very tough) or S-35 (tough), in which case I think your result is pretty much par for course tbh. Try rear and flankng shots.

As for tracking the tank. Tree and bushes will affect your line of sight. Also check for terrain dips/rises.

Hope that helps. The learning curve on this game is rather steep, but try new tictacs and keep an open mind.

HF