new single player battle uploaded

just created a new battle :

DZ"O": Sainte Mère L'église .... it is sainte mere l'eglise played on the german side ... they have to repel an assault from the 505th PIR of the 82nd airborne pathfinders and some 501 PIR from the 101st airborne pathfinders who landed far from their LZ.

sofar its still beta because i just got a little bit better acquainted with the trigger coding, wich just starts to look less like chinese to me.

i will then add more units and more sub-missions as well as scripted element as soon as i can do what i want using the triggers.

for now i will post the first version on You can download it at:

http://www.cmmods.com

DZ"O" Sainte mere Leglise V1.0 PATHFINDERS_SABAI.ZIP

waiting for your comments and sugestions

last but not least is someone can tell me how to :

-create a briefing and change the tactical briefing map

-change the names of soldiers to names that are not in the presets

- change and give unique historical names to the various groups so they appear in the game other than " ATR" " squad" "staff" or "sniper" wich is one thing that is really lame in this game , wich otherwise is great....

thanks for your help , hope i will be able to make some historically accurate battles and campaigns

[ May 15, 2007, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Sabai ]

Originally posted by Sabai:

DZ"O": Sainte Mère L'église .... it is sainte mere l'eglise played on the german side ... they have to repel an assault from the 505th PIR of the 82nd airborne pathfinders and some 501 PIR from the 101st airborne pathfinders who landed far from their LZ.

sofar its still beta because i just got a little bit better acquainted with the trigger coding, wich just starts to look less like chinese to me.

i will then add more units and more sub-missions as well as scripted element as soon as i can do what i want using the triggers.

for now i will post the first version on cmmods.com.

last but not least is someone can tell me how to :

- change and give unique historical names to the various groups so they appear in the game other than " ATR" " squad" "staff" or "sniper" wich is one thing that is really lame in this game , wich otherwise is great....

thanks for your help , hope i will be able to make some historically accurate battles and campaigns

WEbring knows I beleave has something to do with the strings.

And saving the briefing.trg and briefing.mat up date those I think not sure ask and you may get an answer I'm hoping maddmatt and his group will have some tutorials coming up soon,

on all this stuff.

;)

Thanks for the heads ups about the briefing.mat and the briefing.trg, been fooling around with it and sofar could change only the battle description on the main screen , where you have all the battles, but for the individual screen of the battle itself not much success yet .

also strugling to have each paratroopers get back into formation in their respective sticks ( a stick is 18 men so basically 2 groups)

on the map i designet 12 LZ in wich paratroopers are scattered, then i want them to rtegroup at some "regroup points" ( each LZ has its own ) BEFORE they start to storm sainte mere l eglise....

problem is that the regroup trigger does does not seem to work and the troopers storm directly the village without regrouping first.

any input on what my regroup syntax should be and how to prevent the storm trigger to start before all the sticks are reformed?

thanks in advance

[ May 15, 2007, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Sabai ]

DZ"O" Sainte mere Leglise " pathfinders " V1.01 uploaded

PATHFINDERS_SABAI.ZIP

v1.01

- added german units:

paratrooper detachement X2

sdkfz 7/1 flak

MG42 tripod

infanterie detachement

infanterie SS detachement

- fixed the win and fail conditions

- temporised the airborne assault

- added a 501th stick of the 101th airborne landed directly in the village

- adjusted ammo quantity for MG42

- adjusted ammo quantity for sdkfz 251/1 ausf D

- adjusted ammo quantity for sdkfz 7/1 flak

First, congratulations!

Coding missions can be really tricky and frustrating sometimes. But it is also very gratifying once you manage to make things work.

Most stuff is documented and the bits that aren't you can figure out (part of the fun!) looking at the official missions.

Go to the Campaign Editor Tab. Choose your mission. You'll see a list of things you need to set up. Along them the briefing text. The layer option refers to the map. First copy from anyother mission(That uses the same map eg. St Mare Eglise) the briefing.tga and the briefing.mat and put it in your mission's folder. Now chose the layer in the Campaign editor and point it the briefing.tga. The map now will show in the game, but with the original arrows. You'll need to correct this in a image editing software like Photoshop, Photopaint or IrFanView.

In the Mission Tree/Deployment/ and the soldier from the group you want to change the name.

02. HUMAN - First item is Person. You can change first and second names here.

Group names will always be Group_something. But they don't show in game. The Unit name on the other hand can be changed, no problem, to whatever you like. 01. Unit - first item is the name!

Great! I'd love to do it myself but haven't got the knowledge for that!

problem is that the regroup trigger does does not seem to work and the troopers storm directly the village without regrouping first.

any input on what my regroup syntax should be and how to prevent the storm trigger to start before all the sticks are reformed?

thanks in advance

the best way is probably to have separate triggers for each action. Have Regroup Trigger that after executed will run the Storm Trigger.

Set a Rect in the area you want the units to regroup. In the Int set you army to hold fire.

In the Storm Trigger create a loop using Label and if statements to check when all your troops are in the rect. When this condition is met he runs the Storm Trigger which will have your original storm command.

In the Mission Tree/Deployment/ and the soldier from the group you want to change the name.

well i did that and unfortunately it keeps puting random names when trying the mission

oh well....

anyway thanks for the tips on the briefing and briefing maps, unfortunately i ll have to reinstall the game as the campaign editor suddenly seems to bug big time ( the mission edito works fine tho... EDIT: fixed the problem forgot underscores in the mission title

for the regroup, i did have two separate triggers , but anyway i fount a way to go arount this problem without adding a trigger

cheers

Sabai

[ May 15, 2007, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Sabai ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> In the Mission Tree/Deployment/ and the soldier from the group you want to change the name.

well i did that and unfortunately it keeps puting random names when trying the mission

oh well....

anyway thanks for the tips on the briefing and briefing maps, unfortunately i ll have to reinstall the game as the campaign editor suddenly seems to bug big time ( the mission edito works fine tho... EDIT: fixed the problem forgot underscores in the mission title

for the regroup, i did have two separate triggers , but anyway i fount a way to go arount this problem without adding a trigger

cheers

Sabai </font>

thanks for the comments, its encouraging smile.gif

for the motorbikes i will fix this right now and will upload on cmmods.com in a few ....

preparing a new mission based on saving private ryan ; if i can get the triggers to do what i want its gonna be just like in the movie , except that i didnt find any map with a bridge in town to simulate Ramelle. also hope that the characters names will stick because i spent several hours researching and editing . i try to get precise in the names and weapons there's no USM1 carbine in the game so Mike Horvath will have a thompson and a bazooka (he will need it in ramelle)

yeah the cemetary is great , it gets to a frag battle and its worth some screenshots...

[ May 15, 2007, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Sabai ]

uploaded a fixed version

V1.02

-fixed the ammo problem on both bmw sidecars

-added weapons to the bmw sidecars crews

-fixed the mg42 thatstayed stuck on the road and placed it in bushes closer from the action

-reduced the size of the download by getting rid of big files generated when testing.

signal any bugs in the battlefront forums

pathfinders_sabai_V1.02.zip at http://www.cmmods.com/

thanks

Sabai

uploaded a fixed version

V1.02

-fixed the ammo problem on both bmw sidecars

-added weapons to the bmw sidecars crews

-fixed the mg42 thatstayed stuck on the road and placed it in bushes closer from the action

-reduced the size of the download by getting rid of big files generated when testing.

signal any bugs in the battlefront forums

pathfinders_sabai_V1.02.zip at http://www.cmmods.com/

thanks

Sabai

should I delete the saved file and the campaign file you placed in there? Also after place thise folder in my missions single mission folder now I cant play any battles the battles button is no longer available?

ok just checked it , overwrited the pathfinders folder in the SINGLE_MISSIONS folder , stated the game and everything is working as normal....

maybe you should try to erase the old version manually before extracting the new one ...

if it doesnt fix it, just make a new install of the game ( make sure to backup your savegames ) thats what i did when my editor started to bug , you won't even have to re-register the licence.

i'm currently half way through a new mission based on the movie " saving private ryan" i will release it in a couple days as soon as everything will be working to my taste.

then i will finish the " pathfinders" map by adding the mission texts and tac maps.

in few days i will start a BIG campaign retracing the history of the Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 102.

startng with "operation zitadelle" on july 10 1943

until march 1945 arount the Küstrin Fortress

it is interesting to know that,in Normandie Between the 10 of july and the 20 of august 1944, The 2nd Kompanie of the s.SS.Pz.Abt 102, commanded by the SS-Hauptsturmführer Endemann,destroyed 227 tanks , 28 AT guns , 19 half-tracks, 4 scout cars , 34 trucks !

it will make an interesting campaign i think