Tanks VS Tanks...how do you do?

Reverse slope for me.

With only 4 tanks I would keep them relatively tight (in a line). If they are low powered fire I would tend to concentrate on a single enemy target (the closest) whilst slowly moving forward. If they are medium powered (75mm) then 1st volley concentrated then free fire (I usually take command of 1 tank). If I had 88's then pulling back slowly but free fire.

@piecekeeper,

depends on what kind of tanks you got and what kind of tanks your enemy got.

When i got i tigers against anything i always let them hold and shoot the biggest tanks first.

but when i got p4h and i see an su122 i rush to his back and then shoot so it all depends on what kind of armor you got.

big ones you better let stay put and shoot because they will have a better chance of hitting something and smaller tanks against bigger try to flank them.

Depends on the tanks really. With superior armor/weapons engage further & face-to-face, with inferior try get close & to the flanks.

Try to get as many own tanks fighting with as few enemy tanks as possible. It's all about numbers: if you have four guns in a fight and enemy one you'll win. You may start with even forces but try to engage part of the enemy with all of your own tanks.

Divide your force, they don't need to be in the same place, they only need to be able to engage the same enemy simultaneously. Preferably from different directions alltogether. This way you get flanking shots.

If you are outnumbered, retreat and gain local superiority and attack again.

-jippo

Haven't played with the germans yet, so usually I'm at a severe disadvantage when tanks come into play.

What I've found that works very nicely is that I try to engage the entire hostile panzergroup with 1 or two tanks with the most frontal armor.

I also try to do so at the greatest possible range so there are minimal chances of anything dying.

Then I take one or two medium tanks and run around like mad, prefferably hidden.

It seems the hostiles don't switch targets that easily so eventually you will get in a position ready to get rear shots.

Then I read the med tanks head slowly as to only get LOF on one tank at a time (also I start shooting it with the bait so it doesn't turn to face the med).

Sure it takes a long time to go that far, the bait even run out of ammo. No hurries tho.

Like this I managed to kill over 10 panzers in the 2nd french mission, and at least 4 of them had armor that I had no way of penentrating frontally.

And I only had 2 fronts, 3 tanks and one was tracked smile.gif