Some Tips for the setup prior to Battle

What I do when I am in setup,I try to use the terrain features to concel my troops and tanks,

also spread your infantry out to reduce arty

casualities. When I start a battle I usually send

2-3 infantry scout to survey the enemy positions,because of that I dont have to many

nasty surprises,also I dont have a problem with LOS I usualy know where the enemy gun positions are, this in turn allows me to plan accordingly.

I love this scouting its part of the fun for me anyway,I am sure all waring factions during WW2 where using so called "Forward Based Observers" prior to any engagement,also of course great value was given to Areal Observation.

Anyone using sound military tactics

schould get good results on the battlefield with fewer loses,at least I do in this game.

God bless you troops!

"It seems since the arcade gamers could not achive instant succes and gratification they became extremley dissatisfied and verbaly abusiv" :mad: :confused: :D

Good tip for evaluating the terrain during setuo:

Identify potential engagement areas, defensible terrain, locations for key weapons systems, locations where maneuvering forces are most vulnerable.

OCOKA

O - Observation and Field of Fire

C - Cover and Concealment

For you can the enemy.

O - Obstacles, ,man-made and natural.

K - Key or Decisive Terrain.

Identify terrain, that if held, provides decisive advantage. This is terrain that the mission depends on being held.

Key terrain does not have to be occupied, it can be controlled with direct or indirect fires.

A - Avenues of Approach.

Factor in the size and composition of the unit when determining probable avenues of approach,

Originally posted by =Goodshot=:

[QB] When I start a battle I usually send

2-3 infantry scout to survey the enemy positions,because of that I dont have to many

nasty surprises,also I dont have a problem with LOS I usualy know where the enemy gun positions are, this in turn allows me to plan accordingly.

I agree 100 percent,,,In tow u cannot rush out without sending scouts first,,,I usually hide them in a bush with the hold position and hold fire commands this also gives u time to pause and go into the First person view and see what terrain (as Normal dude suggested) features give u a better shot at the enemy.

Thats what I do,put "advance" and "shooting" on hold, I have had enemy tanks sitting 15meters

from my scouts without spotting them,thats when I realised there was nothing wrong with the LOS in the game,I just hope that the arcade gamers don't get all their wishes because it will make the game dull and easy :(

God bless your troops