Help, game runs laggy with good hardware

Hi all,

I just updated TOW with the new Uber patch. When I was playing the Mouse Trap scenario in the Normandy Campaign, the game runs very laggy.

I know I have Vista, but I also checked the "xp compatibility" box on the shortcut.

I also have UAC turned off, so that is not an issue.

I have a toshiba P100 notebook with:

1.83GHz Core 2 Duo

2 GB RAM

Geforce Go 7900GTX with 512MB GDDR3

game runs of external Raptor 10000 rpm HDD attached via eSATA 150

Vista Ultimate SP1 with most services disabled.

I have 22% ram free when i run the game

I am also using 196.25 drivers patched with laptopvideo2go inf file.

Just wondering if there is a way I can speed my game up. I am already using pretty low resolution at 1024x640.

Would I see performance improvements in XP? Toshiba does not release XP drivers for this P100-ST9752 :( So i rather not look for XP drivers everywhere.

Or is that 7900GTX is too slow for this game ?!

thanks

OH also, should i enable two cpu option in game?

it is disabled by default.

Also what I mean is the game is laggy in general, something like <10 fps in many cases during battles when enemies start to show up.

this is very bad, I can't even react fast enough bc of the lag. Got totally killed in Mouse Trap

Hi Sargemy

Could be low ram. I have xp and usually have as much as 1.4 gb of ram to play game out of 2 gb of ram. I also think that with vista you may need 3 gb of ram, rather then 2 gb. VISTA is a HUGE memory hog. I always play with 2 cpu's but when i start it sometimes gets laggy what i do is go back into 1 cpu apply then go back into 2 cpu's and apply, it clears for me. Let me know if it works good luck.

First off, remember that Vista is not officially supported, so keep that in mind.

Having said that, your video card, cpu and memory are suffecient to give you good framerates so the first thing to try is to set the USE ONLY ONE CPU option from within the games option panel. Compare how the game runs with that ON and OFF.

Next, browse through the complete troubleshooting guide as it includes many steps to take to improve performance across the board.

You can find that here:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/troubleshooting.html

Madmatt