DVD will not install

I just got the DVD version of TOW and the game will not install on my PC running XP Professional SP2. The game installs a little less then halfway then freezes while installing the maps.sps file. It hard locks my PC and I have to reboot.

I have cleaned the DVD and tried numerous times to install but my PC keeps locking up during the maps.sps file install. Once an error message came up stating the maps file was corrupt.

I also tried to install TOW by coping all the contents of the DVD to a folder on my desktop to run setup from there. But the my PC refuses to copy the "setup_1b.bin" file with the error meesage that the file is corrupt.

Is there a fix for installing from the DVD?

Or do I have a damaged or corrupted DVD?

I will try to copy the troublesome "Setup_1b.bin" file from the DVD to a blank cd on my PC at work. My work PC does not have the hardware requirements to try a full install of the game. Only my home "gaming PC" has the hardware for an install.

If I can get that one troublesome file to copy to a cd I will then attempt an install from my desktop folder.

It worked!!

I burned the "Setup_1b.bin" onto a CD on my work PC and copied it into the folder on my desktop with the other files from the install DVD. Ran setup and the game installed perfectly. I installed the latest patch and voila!

The game runs prefectly!