Is this a mouse related problem?

Hi,

every time I play CM I get all or some of these problems every now and then:

1. When I move the mouse to the sides of the screen, the camera doesn't rotate but moves sideways, even though I'm not pressing CTRL. (This is very, very common. More often than not the camera moves sideways than rotates...)

2. When I click on a platoon or company HQ only once, all the units under its command are selected and then I have to click every unit separately to get them unselected.

3. The keyboard stops functioning. I can't for example change the camera elevation (very frequent!) or save the game etc. I can usually still use the mouse to change the elevation, though.

4. When I select a unit I can't give commands to it because the pop-up selection window won't show up if I press SPACE or right-click with a mouse or use Game Commander.

5. And sometimes, but not very often I can't do anything but move around the field, nothing else works. The game doesn't freeze, though, beacuse I can still see the animations (slight movement of the units and the smoke coming from the fires etc.). After a while the game returns back to 'normal' and starts working again (for a while...)

My system specs:

Celeron 400MHz

128 MB

TNT2 32MB (the latest drivers from NVIDIA)

Logitech wheelmouse (the latest drivers)

Combat Mission 1.05

Any help is appreciated.

JV

1) I get this too sometimes on large maps, but I'm pretty sure it's because I have a pretty slow computer (P2-400. alright, not THAT slow.). The computer has to catch up with the commands you give it, and sometimes it takes a few seconds (or more).

2) Have you checked the double-click speed for your mouse in windows? Try shortening the time you have to double-click in. It is probably your mouse though. Try a different mouse if you can. Some mice are just finicky and/or cheap. smile.gif

3) I get this too on larger maps. See #1.

4) See #3.

5) See #3.

Moral of the story, turn off some graphics options or get a faster cpu. Your 3D card is fine, but your cpu is having trouble keeping up. I'm going to be upgrading my cpu if I can find the funds for these same reasons you present.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.