I have been away for a while; I need some help...

I used to play alot of Combat Mission years ago. I skipped on the Eastern Front version, and figured I would wait for the CM2x or whatever the next generation of CM is going to be called.

However after many years of not being interested or even using a computer all that much, coming back to Battlefront.com is pretty confusing.

So after browsing the site quickly with lots of fresh joy here are my few questions:

Will Theatre of War be available for Macintosh? Is the game part of the Combat Mission series? It looks fantastic.

I am sure people will give me the "when its done" answer but is there an estimate when CM2x will be ready for release? Are there any eye candy screens?

Anyway thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Panther, no its not available for Mac... although its apparently made using OpenGL... so buggered if I know why it never got ported.

Im running it on a 2ghz Core 2 Duo iMac via bootcamp, which is running Windoze XP, and Im happy to say that it works perfectly.

the game is not based on the CM series, however it is a lot of fun, in my opinion much more fun than the new CM:SF is, I guess that depends on your gaming preference really.

TOW had a few 'bugs' when it was released, but is running pretty smoothly now and will get even better when the next patch comes out (hopefully soon).

If youve got an intel Mac, then i'd recommend buying TOW - try the demo first though - its not CM, but its probably closer than CM:SF is.

Cheers