Bug... Tank guns not engaging AT guns

AT guns are fully sighted and firing. My tanks can only engage with machine guns and the main guns refuse to fire. I noticed this in the villers bocage scenario. The gun is a brit 47mm and the tanks involved are tigers. Something is definitely wrong. Main guns will not engage with eyes on the 47mm. You will notice in the bottom pic the tiger is not hit (yet) but for some reason does not shoot. If I allow the tiger to move in much closer then it will shoot. In this case why is the gun shown as sighted?

noshot1oc4.jpg

noshot1wd4.jpg

noshot2tc0.jpg

Nikki

Do you get a message in the status window, that says "Unit does not have clear LOS"? Sometimes when I get that message, it takes a long time before my unit will open fire on the target. it also seems to effect the actual rate of fire thereafter.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

Nikki

Do you get a message in the status window, that says "Unit does not have clear LOS"? Sometimes when I get that message, it takes a long time before my unit will open fire on the target. it also seems to effect the actual rate of fire thereafter.

But the enemy Icon should remain transparent if thats the case I thought. I got so used to seeing that LOS message even when tanks were firing. Wasn't sure when it applies. Also Im taking fire, figured I could fire back too. Thats why I included the first 2 pics showing how the tigers took damage from a single gun they could not fire at.

Transparent icons above the enemy indicate that the seleced player's unit cannot directly see the enemy (that is line of sight). Though when you order a tank to attack it checks the line of fire of all its guns, which sometimes might differ from the line of sight.

There are two issues that may affect the line of fire. The first one is obstacles between the tank's gun and the target. The second one is the gun's attack angle. The tank cannot turn down its gun below the defined minimum angle, so tanks that are on the hills become more vulnerable than those that are in the holes.

More about LOS and LOF TOW's features you may get to know from here: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=67;t=000011

[ July 11, 2007, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]

That's a good point DMG, and I think you're probably right about the gun angle now that I get better a look at the terrain and the screenshot.

The problem here is that the player gets no feedback as to the fact that this is happening....or is there a warning in the message window I haven't seen before? Even a nice sound effect would be handy.

OK makes sense the coax can fire because it is laterally further from the tree which is blocking the main gun.

And 47mm ATG can rip apart the tiger because it can clearly see the tracks and chasis but not the main gun.

Now I know why the tiger drives all the way forward to get line of site. It has to get closer to the gun than the tree.

This totally makes sense now. Funny I really didn't notice these things until this scenario.

Nikki

Artillery and Infantry have another advantage in that they are not affected by some of the other rules that affect vehicles in LOS situations.

For instance in the visibility.ini file, a variable called ISBlocks is set to false for troops and guns, but enabled for tanks and the like.

Still trying to work out exactly how this variable effects LOS in the game, however.