After Patch - Still Hanging in Mid Game

Hi

I always had a "random" problem with TOW all of a sudden "hanging" (TOW Not Responding) in Task Manager. Applied the new patch (hoping that would address the issue) - but I just started to replay the German Campign - and experienced another "hang" after 15 mins of play. Any ideas?

System config:

ASUS P4S800 Mo Bo with Intel P4 2.8 Hypertheading, with 2 GBs RAM & 6499 Mbs setup as virtual memory. Nvidia 7800 Geoforce with 256 MB

FPS is Good - no other issues.

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem as Tom Sims.

When I first starting playing ToW the issue was happening regularly and often. I was unable to finish any mission without "hanging".

I checked the boards and turned off shadows and maxed pagefile size which helped. I was able to run for several hours now but would still occasionally hang.

Since applying the patch last week I now hang continually again. I even had a runtime error during the first Moscow mission.

I have tried missions from the new Moscow add-on and old missions. I am back to square one and unable to complete any missions with hanging / freezing / not responding.

Good game guys but getting past a joke.

Rapier:

I have tried all of the suggested actions - no EAX, lower detail on video (no shadows) etc. also not having anything else running while running TOW - still get the random HANG. I'll let you know if I run across any fix - please do the same.

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Sims:

Rapier:

I have tried all of the suggested actions - no EAX, lower detail on video (no shadows) etc. also not having anything else running while running TOW - still get the random HANG. I'll let you know if I run across any fix - please do the same.

Tom

try run the water settings on low.

Rapier:

I ran across this information on the TOW website - I tried the EXE they talk about (see below) and I have been playing the 1st scenario for the Moscow Campaign for over 30 mins now. It appears to work - it is the patch WITHOUT THE DUAL CORE FIXES.

If this patch version exhibits frequent crashes or lockups, while in the past you did not encounter them, we have included a special .exe version which does not include the same performance updates, but includes all the other items listed above. To launch this special version of the game, browse to your game folder and double-click on the file name "ToW_1.4.exe". That will launch a version of the game that has all of the same fixes listed above EXCEPT for the new performance/stability tweaks.

Tom