fresh install for repatch with Tow_1.4.exe?

Originally posted by Leger Des Onheils:

After installing the new patch yesterday I’ve had a couple of lock-ups during missions while before the patch I had hem just rarely. My main question for now is if I can install the Tow_1.4.exe over the patched version or do I need a fresh install?

cheers.

Pat.

no go into your file where you have the game installed and run the 1.4 exe thats in there.

Oh yes, just wanted to add:

Apart from the lock-ups with the new patch, the game runs as smooth as a baby's bum on my rig at max video settings (pre or post patch). AMD Athlon 64 4800, Nvidia board, 2x Nvidia 7800GT (SLI), 2x1mb ram dual channel. No frame rate issues using 2 CPUs.

The graphics are amazing.

If you want to use your desktop icon to launch the game, you can also go into the "properties" for the shortcut and re-assign the target file to be the TOW_1.4 executable, rather than the "optimized" executable.

Personally, I can't see a minutes difference between them on my system. I get pretty much the same average frame rates either way.

I was just curious, can anyone report a "worst case" frame rate higher than 13-15 FPS? It would be nice to know what it takes to make this code move. I updated to a 8600GTS from a 7600GS and doubled my memory from 1 GB to 2 GB and saw only the most marginal improvement in my frame rate.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

I was just curious, can anyone report a "worst case" frame rate higher than 13-15 FPS? It would be nice to know what it takes to make this code move. I updated to a 8600GTS from a 7600GS and doubled my memory from 1 GB to 2 GB and saw only the most marginal improvement in my frame rate.

Did you try to set up your NVIDIA driver following the tips at the troubleshooting guide

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/troubleshooting.html ?

First of all, if you have a double core CPU, make sure you have Threaded Optimization option disabled in your advanced video driver settings.