Shadows performance fixes in new patch??

Madmatt,

I have read in the forums that some of the new graphic cards have improtant preformance issues when the SHADOWS option in on in TOW. Actually, in the Troubleshooting Guide, you even recommend to turn off in-game Shadows to the people that has performance problems.

Have you been able to fix the problems with the shadows and the new graphic cards with the new patch?

Thank you very much for your help.

Looking forward to the patch !!

Txema

Hi

I've updated my graphics from an 9600xt to a x800xt card my CPU wouldn't cope with much more? the game performance increased greatly,but i suffered no CTD with the 9600 yet with the x800xt i have,

I known the x800 is no GR8 card to today standards but the difference is that it has DDR3 ram is this the issue with the game

I run the game with the setting object shadows

LUV the game

Hows Panzer elite Txema

Good gaming

[ June 06, 2007, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: you1 ]

Madmatt

My Cpu is an old XP3000+ barton chip runs at 2.3ghz,with the 9600xt ran with no issues ,with the x800xt it sometimes won't start game,

this is mainly when i'm online doing other things,pause and start to run game,It may be a power thing with my system,althought i have a 550watt psu,I'm not crying because the game runs Gr8, just the odd thing when it won't start, I have to re boot and then it's fine.

Thx for the game

Good gaming

Yes, that happens to me as well. I've got the same card, X800xt, 256 MB RAM DDR3 and when you minimize to desktop and you get back to game, the game runs much slower than before ...

Apart from that, no problems with the graphic system, just some crashes to desktop sometimes ...