Lack of or incorrect type of "placeholder". Check it out in the editor...you will find there is no appropriate placeholder for that tank.

Why the program strands them out in the middle of nowhere....I have no idea....but that is your problem.

I just checked it on the mission editor and it seems that there are only 4 placeholders for tanks in this mission.

The Permissions list as USA SPG+TANK=9 while having only 4 placeholders for tanks and 3 for spg's.

I expect if you take 4 spg's int this mission you'll also get a stranded spg too.

So, it's all up to you how you want to go about solving this one, you either drop the limit to tanks=4 and spg=3 or add the proper placeholder.

They are both pretty easy in the editor.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE EDITING THE MAP.

Changing the permissions:

Open file, browse ALLY->St Lo

On the upper right window expand "ArmyComposition"

Expand Permission

Delete "SPG/USA+Tanks/USA=9"

Rightclick on Permission, Add filter

Select Empty_filter and at the properties window below click on the "..." that becomes visible next to the "Filter[] Array"

At the window that pops up, Click Add and then Classification=Tanks, Country=USA

Click ok, and at the properties window Set Limit=4

Repeat the same for SPG's.

That's way 1, you can limit yourself like this (or simply not take 5 tanks with you in unit setup tongue.gif )

Adding the placeholder:

Expand placeholders, add placeholder (like adding the filter before)

You will notice A new circle appearing on the map.

Click the "Editmode: Units" button (2nd button from the right in the bar) and move the circle where you want the tank to appear (prefferably next to the other tanks)

Select the new placeholder (should be naed [13]_ALL) and open up it's ClassificationList from the properties window (again like the filter).

There just add, set Classification=Tanks.

And that should be it. Don't forget that you need to re-start the mission from the campaign selection window for the changes to take effect.

I didn't notice that bug since I usually go for quality armor than quantity. It's quite a good strategy since you have to face overwhelming tank odds.

[ May 23, 2007, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: nonickch ]