Locks up on me every game

This game runs really well. Not jerky. Quite smooth considering I got it maxed out on a 3 year old PC. But it locks up and frezzes every single game. Ive been saving often to work around but its really a killer now.

Dx diag pated below

AMD fx 3400 2gb ram

KV8-x Mobo Via audio integrated

ATI AGP 512mg x1600

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 5/18/2007, 17:15:01

Machine name:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

BIOS: Rev 2.00

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 250MB used, 3182MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: The file system.dll is missing! You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

[ May 18, 2007, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Nikki Mond ]

Nikki Mond.

It may look stupid, but i found out my old gamer pc, now at the office, with a AMD 3500 stoped freezing after i turn off the ingame music.

I even turned shadows on after that, and never had a crash since.

Worth a try, its simple and strange but it worked for me.

I had the exact same symptoms and followed Battlefront's recommendations in the troubleshooting guide sticky.

They recommend turning off music, EAX, and shadows, they also recommend increasing your swap file size to 3000MB for min and max.

Try each one of these one by one until your freezes stop. Shadows were my main culprit. It only froze once after the shadows were turned off then MadMatt suggested I try increasing the swap file. I played a couple more games without a freeze after that.

Looks like Pak40 pretty much said what I was going to. I wrote that troubleshooting guide for cases exactly like this one. If you follow my recommendations, I think you will find the game will perform much much better (and hopefully after the first patch, even better than that!).

Madmatt