[Editor] BackPackSet

Is it possible to edit the BackPackSets?

For example I would like to have a commander with a MP40 and a Luger. Now I only see the options of MP40 only, or MP40 plus some grenades.

For tanks I can only add the Pack 'mixed'? Can we change that to 2 types of ammo or remove shells from the total?

Searched it up in the xml file and it only states <mixed>

Hi

I’ve looked at this; it seems you can't give a tank crew member more than 1 weapon,

I can’t see an ammo pack, You may want to try in battle when you pass some dead troopers to click on the tank crew you want and pick up their ammo pack to see if that works, I’m sure someone must have try it my now, never really crossed my mind to do this.

As for altering the ammo load and type of shell, the maximum is hard written (not sure) but you can change the ammo type i.e. more or less HE, AP APS up to the maximum?

I’ve had crew s pick up weapons, but not sure or noticed hand grenades.

report back!!

Good gaming

from my own experience , thing that are in sub menus such as weapons , names , backpack sets are pretty much stuck the way they are.

we should be able to edit the data sheets to add weapons, names or backpacksets hopefully in the editors next version.... for the moments all the .ini where we could edit this are hardcoded into the game files and uneditable . tried to find them with a decompiler but the WW2 folder where they are seems to be locked.

@You1

I want a squad commander with a MP40 and a Luger, not the tank commander smile.gif Doesn't really matter for the coding tho smile.gif

Imo the weapon distribution is a bit odd for the German side. In general (early war) a Zug would have a commander with a MP40 and a side arm. The rest of the soldiers would have Kar's. Also the Germans tend to give the grenades to one soldier (best thrower) instead of distributing those to the whole squad.

Originally posted by Sabai:

we should be able to edit the data sheets to add weapons, names or backpacksets hopefully in the editors next version....

I hope I'm wrong but from what has been said in this forum the only thing the Map Editor will do is add or delete static objects.

An editor to do more than this only as an unofficial tool.

G.Mooyman

sorry about that

In the backpack you have weapon groups 1 and 2 for the commander, the default setting is 7

in an infantry trooper the setting is 1 i.e a luger_08, try this

maybe the devs can tell us what are 1-7 items

can you add more groups in an editor

hope I've helped better this time, if not still have a good game

Good gaming