AMD dual core drivers & optimizer software

Hi,

Very late last night I found a most interesting post while checking the forum :

>StellarRat

>Member

>Member # 4086

>- posted 15-05-2007 12:06

>

>You know in some games you will get slow frames >with the AMD dual core if you don't install the >AMD dual core drivers for XP and the dual core >optimizer software from AMD. You can download >both pieces of software from AMD.

I had never heard of that ! How on earth are we gamers supposed to know that?

So my question is : do those two things (AMD dual core drivers & optimizer software) have a significant an impact on the framerate when playing TOW?

If so, I strongly suggest the admin gives this piece of info the publicity it deserves on the forums.

I was also wondering if those were included in the windows update process. Does anyone know something about this issue?

Thanks for reading and have a good day,

JHM

You are way behind the times... There is already a sticky link from BF under the heading of AMD Athlon 64 that has links to these drivers. These drivers have been discussed at length and for many, like myself, does not resolve the issue.

I have a new inspiron e1705 dell with a intel duo core thing running on vista and it has some new graphics thing it is brand new. The problem is I have asphalt, tar, and css1 tac stuck to me at the end of the day. I have to drive a 75' long transfer dump through heavy traffic. I do this stuff because I am as sharp as a bag of wet mice. I can't get the demo to run on my pc and if you can dummy it down for me I would like a reply.

Originally posted by schmegeg:

I have a new inspiron e1705 dell with a intel duo core thing running on vista and it has some new graphics thing it is brand new. The problem is I have asphalt, tar, and css1 tac stuck to me at the end of the day. I have to drive a 75' long transfer dump through heavy traffic. I do this stuff because I am as sharp as a bag of wet mice. I can't get the demo to run on my pc and if you can dummy it down for me I would like a reply.

Ah, ahm.... I can feel it.......you are driving a....lets see, Yes a VOLVO truck!

Am I right or Am I right?