When you get the DVD!!!!!!!!

As i posted earlier, when you get the DVD version uninstall your download version, install the DVD and see how it performs.

Madmatt says its an earlier version and so may play better on your pc.

One can but try ;)

Not sure about that.

It is basicaly the same version whitout a patch that solves some problems in the multiplayer.

If you install the dvd version, you should install the patch to get it like the download version.

The patch that will be released is probably much more important to get the game running better.

My opinion only, i am only a gamer, not a dev.

The DVD patch just ensures that the DVD version can play the download version in MP. In fact, to be honest, it might work without the patch, but we felt it better to be safe than sorry.

The only other thing this DVD patch does is automatically copy two files into the MissionEditor folder to prevent that earlier "Wrong Application Version" error that some people reported from before.

It does not fix any of the other reported bugs.

Those fixes will need to wait for the official patch which is still being worked on and is *hoped* to be ready within a few weeks. Thats not a formal ETA by and means, but obviously we want to get it out as soon as we can, but these things do take time to implement, test and get fixed.

Madmatt

I just got my DVD in the mail.I did not have the game installed before.Will I need to download the patch to make work on my system.Because right now without the patch it wont run the game it shows window saying {Wrong game version the application will not work with current game theatre of war}and my computer specs are overqulifed to run any latest games.Any help appreciated.

Yes, the patch is in fact especially for people like you who have not had the download version installed before, and for nobody else. That's the whole point of the patch, to bring it up in sync with the download version.

Martin

Did the patch solve your problem?

And can you clarify, were you getting that error when you tried to run the GAME or when you tried to run the Editor?

I ask because that error has always been associated with launching the Editor, not the game itself normally.

Madmatt

Hi guys,

I just received the game DVD. I installed the game form the DVD and downloaded the patch file and installed that too.

The "configure" program reports the error: "Dll library rts.dll cannot be loaded"

The mission editor gives me a "wrong game version" error.

The game won't load, the tow.exe appears in the processes list in task manager for a few seconds and disappears.

I'm running XP SP2 on a Athlon64 CPU and a 6600GT gfx card. I had no problems with the demo and am surprised that the DVD version is failing. I've had a quick look in the game directory but can't find any log files that might give myself and a tech so clue as to what is going on.

Has anyone else with the DVD version been able to run the game?

Help!

----

Whoops never mind - after reading the troubleshooting pages discovered that I also had the DEP issue. After a quick hack of the boot.ini the game runs fine smile.gif

[ May 16, 2007, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Narsil ]