Could anyone see a custom briefing tga image in game?

Hi all,

To finish my mission I need to be able to get my custom briefing TGA images displayed in the brifing menu and in game.

What happens is, when the player chooses the mission, he gets a white wrectangle where it is supposed to be displayed the image for the briefing.

I've created this tga files from copies of the original ones and kept their aspect, color, etc ...

I also edited the mat file referencing to it, but nothing.

Can anyone give me a tip about this, please??

Thanks in advance,

First, check, where you placed your *.mat and *.tga files. For campaign briefings they must be places into campaign directory (for example, Missions\GERMANY). For mission briefings they must be placed into mission directory (for example, Missions\GERMANY\G001_Mokra).

Second, make sure the reference to *.tga in *.mat file is correct. An unfortunate misprint may not allow to load this file correctly and the white wrectangle will be drawn instead.

Third, *.tga file for mission briefing must have 512x512x24bpp format. *.tga file for campaign briefing must have 1024x512x24bpp format.

And don't forget to save your campaign list after editing the briefing attributes in the campaign editor (see an item File->Save in the main menu).

[ April 26, 2007, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]

Hi dmg,

Yes, I had checked all this before a thousand times, but everything seems okay and i cannot get where the problem is .... :(

In fact,

I I copy the mat and tga files in one ORIGINAL working mission to my mission's directory and activate then in the editor, it happens the same, they are not shown in game :?

Do you try to edit mission briefing or campaign briefing?

Mission briefing consists of several submissions. Each submission may have one of four different states: HIDDEN, ACTIVE, WIN and FAIL.

campaigneditorsubmissiozx8.th.gif

If submission is HIDDEN it will not appear till the trigger switches it on (see QuestActivate procedure). If it is ACTIVE it will be shown at the begginning of the mission.

Can you show your briefing.xml, campaign.xml and *.mat files? Send me them to dimaga@mail.ru, if it is possible, please

[ April 26, 2007, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]

No, it's just the single mission briefing, and everything it's as you said it should .... :??

The mission has been included into de single missions campaign group in the editor BTW.

I sent the files you requested so you can have a look ... smile.gif

As soon as I fix this, the mission will be ready for the world !!! ;)