Creating a mission for a network game.

Hi, I'm not sure if this should go in this forum or the other, so please move it if its wrong.

I've been playing around with the editor today and have tried to create a simple MP mission following the Mission Editor readme file from the docs directory. And I'm not sure I really understand point 8: "Creating a mission for a network game".

It states that there should be 4 points per army, but the N and K confuses me, because I thought there should be a Player_1_army_pos, Player_1_army_target, Player_1_depl_pos and Player_1_depl_target. And I guess its therefore my mission dosn't show up in the MP game list.

I tried to look in MP Mission 08 since its a two player game and saw this:

MissionCreator01.jpg

MissionCreator02.jpg

So its seems that "N" and "K" dosn't really follow the army number.

Please advice.

Cheers

Mark

For point names starting with Player_X_depl_XXX you have to put consecutive player's indices starting with 0 (e.g. Player_0_depl_pos/Player_0_depl_target,

Player_1_depl_pos/Player_1_depl_target, etc.)

For point names starting with Player_X_army_XXX you have to put armies indices (you must not link to "player army", because it is not used in multiplayer). Units of these armies will be cloned for each player, who will choose a country of the army in the lobby.

[ April 24, 2007, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]