Mission Editor Won't Launch? Come Here For Test Fix!

Okay guys, I know that some of you are having a problem with the game launching but the Mission Editor won't. It reports a weird "wrong game version" type error. I am testing a fix so if you get this error, please download and run this file and then report back to THIS thread what you get.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/misc/Mission_Editor_Test_Fix.exe

This fix COULD even work for people that have the problem of the Editor launching but not the game, or even possibly the problem where neither will open, so all of you are welcome to try out as well. Please just give it a shot, and reply back with what happens.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Okay guys try this, run that file again but this time tell it to install into a TOTALLY NEW DIRECTORY.

Once the install is complete, allow the installer to launch the editor. Tell me if that works.

Note, if you do that, you won't be able to edit missions and campaings yet because it wont see the game files, but I just want to see if we can get the editor to come up all by itself.

Thanks guys!

Madmatt

Originally posted by dogstar23:

I am in the group where the main game does not launch but the mission editor works. I ran the test and nothing changed; main game still will not launch and the mission editor still works.

Sammy

Exactly the same for me.

Hi guys,

we have made some more progress on this which should solve the issues for many people if not all with the wrong version error. It boils down to some conflicting dll's, we just need to identify the exact combination (there are several, all responsible for the slightly different symptoms but otherwise related to the same problem). Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

Thanks guys for remaining patient!

Martin