AMD AM2 FIX

Hi all,

After downloading this demo and only getting 3-5 fps on a dual core i was dissapointed,now its fixed running with dual cores and getting 40-60 fps maxed out in the graphics:)

I hope the admins dont mind me posting pictures on how i did this,its the easiest way to explain,imo

I didnt download any divers nor did i uninstall anything,if you need to ask anything feel free:)

Im running a Nvidia 7900GS OC /512m PCI-E card,it rocks

The yellow numbers in the top right hand corner represent FPS running fraps

2000735407302324849_rs.jpg

2000769933256650182_rs.jpg

2000774614878240042_rs.jpg

2000712371157225275_rs.jpg

2000762326416655579_rs.jpg

This runs a treat maxed out,time to have a game

-D-

Hi Cougar_DK,

Sry to hear your having problems:(

I found out that the main reason it was going so slow was the option THREADED OPTOMISTAION in my grapgic card settings was turned on,i turned it off,restarted the game...and hey presto great frame rates-running on dual cores,im still gonna do some testing to see if i can still improve on frame rate.On average 40-60 FPS.

I had a good rant in another thread,so i thought id post the good news,it seems mostley AMD X2 dual cores that have the slow FPS prob,although mine is fixed by disabling threaded optomisation,only hope it works for others having the same problem

-D-

Hi Maskoolin,

If your running Nvidia your probably running the new interface,you need to switch back to classic nvidia control panel as thats all u use.

You need to display advanced options (where you see your anti alaising x2,x4 and so on,scroll down to 2nd bottom line,then where you see THREADED OPTOMISATION turn it OFF,dont put it on auto,turn it off. smile.gif

What software im using?

Xp sp2

AMD X2 Dual Core 4200+ oc

Nvidia 7900GS OC/512M PCI-E

2GIG DDR2 800mhz Dual channel

ASUS sli mobo

X-fi S/C

@MOON,Thx-i hope it helps others-i thought it only fair to report the good news,its not all doom and gloom:)

After playing this for nearly an hour now,yeh i can say its pretty awesome game,graphics to die for,sound effects out of this world (using eax)i can see along night ahead:)

-D-

• 1 year later...

OOOOH MY GOD:eek:!!! My jaw dropped when I instantly noticed the choppy effect was gone and how much smoother the game plays!!! I will definately be playing this all day now:D!!!! Because of the increased FPS, I'm starting my campaign over, as I had to change my strategy at first, because of the choppiness. I've always loved the game since I first played it, and was learning how to cope with the choppiness (slideshow effect,) though it was really annoying. It plays like a whole new game now and i'm addicted all over again. :pBeers for mumbles, and everyone else who discovered this fix:p. Beers for Sun Tzu for my tactics:cool:. Thanks again mumbles!!

Skegee_Man

May your guns fire true.