Not Worth $45

Ok well the mood here is one of patience, but I've lost it. This game will not run on Vista. I have ran TOW Config and nada. I have tried all resolution settings, I have downloaded a "fix" suggested by madmatt. I have all recent drivers for my vid card, I've been on these forums troubleshooting for two days. Demo/Full version does not work. I've purchased many games and I've had to tweak configurations, but this is too much. I understand the obstacles and pitfalls of programming a game for a myriad of system settings/hardware; but why charge a price of $45 for a pain in the ass game that seems to be very much a headache for many people. $45, well actually I was charged $53, is what top of the line gaming companies charge for games that work. They took a little tweaking, or patching, but nothing on this scale that I can remember. Madmatt; can you help a brutha out here? When do you anticipate a fix for some of us Vista users out here? I'll give you specs if you need it. I'll be waiting here, playing Combat Mission.

[ April 19, 2007, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: manito9 ]

Looks like Vista might be hit or miss. I have Vista on an HP machine with an Intel proc, ATI vid card and on-board sound and was able to install and run TOW(after setting up the config correctly. Thanks to all of you that helped with that!).

I hope you can get it to run soon.

Originally posted by UTexGrad:

Looks like Vista might be hit or miss. I have Vista on an HP machine with an Intel proc, ATI vid card and on-board sound and was able to install and run TOW(after setting up the config correctly. Thanks to all of you that helped with that!).

I hope you can get it to run soon.

Thanks Utex. I'll keep trying. I just had to vent. Nothin' personal against Madmatt....just frustrated : )

Originally posted by Hpt. Lisse:

Okay, now that you've blown off some steam... what is your configuration? Don't post the entire DXdiag file, but we do wanna know your vid card, driver, version of Vista, proc, memory, anti-virus software... give it up, and we'll help you.

Ok, my rant was a bit premature. I just downloaded/installed ATI drivers that were released yesterday. Game fires up. The game is a bit sluggish right now, but I can deal with that. I have a Radeon ATI x1300 and just downloaded Catalyst® 7.4 Display Driver for Windows Vista (32 bit)