Sloooooow download

Well as you can read here it does work. Some people have posted excellent speeds, and since we tweaked the servers a bit yesterday night nobody has reported any download problems anymore except you. Feel free to try again, maybe your download using DE was still in the old bracket.

Martin

I am also having problems getting a complete game to download. I'm getting download rates of 30KB/s

on a line that is 8MB/s woohoo. When I download fro filefront I get 600MB/s The distribution system is terrible. It's time to kick this turkey to the curb. This is the 1st time I have ever ordered anything from you guys and it will be my last. I will demanding a refund because the product was never delivered. I will dispute the credit card charges if I have to.

Tzazon,

Did you try and use a download file manager program to grab the file? If not, then we strongly suggest using one as we have seen that due to the large size of the file, just using a browser may not work reliably. Early yesterday there were some complications with the file link that made using a File Manager more difficult than it should have been. Those issues have been cleared up.

A download manager program should not only be more reliable and be able to resume halted connections but also be much faster.

Chanss, I think the reason DE started to redownload your file when you clicked on it was that it wasn't really the actual file that you saw but just the "space" that DE was allocating for the download. I might be wrong but i have seen some download managers do that.

We have added a link on the download page to the free program FlashGEt which seems to be working very well and is as just as fast as all the other Download programs available.

Madmatt

I don't want to monkey with this anymore. I've got plenty of other games to play. I am able to download files 1-2 GB from places like filefront without problems at high speeds. I don't want to install a download manager because of spyware.

This is ridiculous. I've tried to download the game (from the UK) six times without success. I have ADSL and have previously downloaded many games from various sites - never had a problem before.

I'm using a download manager but the progress dialogue still tells me its an 8 hour wait. However, each time the download stops at around 300Mb.

You guys are going to lose half your global sales because of a dumb distribution setup. Why couldn't you provide this as a download in 5 parts? I'm guessing my ISP (AOL) doesn't want me to use this much capacity.

Looks like a good game - I'll have to wait for the DVD I guess.

MJ

I too have had a sloooow D/L experience. Even with a D/L manager DAP in this case the D/L speeds were ridiculous at 10KB/sec. I have a cable modem and should get lightning fast D/L speeds. I am waiting to get access to the link to try again, I tried and quit several times and now the link has dissapeared, contacted the elicence mail to regain access, hope it works...

Link emailed (if it was you who I just emailed, Sgt.Major). Our servers are capable of a LOT more than that, so there must be some bottleneck downstream. There is a tool called WinMtr (the link should be somewhere on the forum) you can download to track the performance and identify where it's stalling. If it's us we can tell the server provider to tweak things.

Martin