runs in xp but not Vista???

read all the threads in tech support today and after trying everything...still comes up with "problem with tow.exe" and crashes back to desktop.when i try to run it in vista !!...latest drivers etc ...all installed...loaded it onto my other drive which has XP on...no probs at all...same drivers etc..etc.which leads me to think theres a real problem running TOW on windows vista !!

patch forthcoming methinks??

Thanks Rune...tried all that. im running VISTA 64 too.no luck.....thanks freeboy..not the res on the monitor...runs perfect in XP on the other drive..no probs whatsoever...looks like im doomed to play the pre-relaes..[when finally released ;-(.on xp

thanks for the help guys !!

I had no problems getting it to run under Vista once I set the configuration up through the config tool in TOW.

FYI, I have all the security admin crap turned off. That has helped me a lot in the past with games I could not get to run.

Originally posted by UTexGrad:

I had no problems getting it to run under Vista once I set the configuration up through the config tool in TOW.

FYI, I have all the security admin crap turned off. That has helped me a lot in the past with games I could not get to run.

I've tried that too. Could you tell me how you configured it? Can't get this thing to work either. I hope the actual game itself works!!

I also am not able to run the TOW demo under Vista. The program goes to black screen on launch and then drops back to the desktop with a message stating that TOW.exe stopped working. I've tried running in XP compatibility mode, shutting off user account control, running as administrator, etc. and can't get the game to work. I'm in for some painful days ahead if the full version has these issues.

Originally posted by MRoadster:

I also am not able to run the TOW demo under Vista. The program goes to black screen on launch and then drops back to the desktop with a message stating that TOW.exe stopped working. I've tried running in XP compatibility mode, shutting off user account control, running as administrator, etc. and can't get the game to work. I'm in for some painful days ahead if the full version has these issues.

Mine does that exact thing. I can only cross my fingers that the full version works. I have a bad feeling though....

I'm over it. I'll wait til tomorrow when the pre-release comes out.

[ April 18, 2007, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: manito9 ]

Thanks for getting back again Rune ! the card i have in is a ATI Radeon 1950 pro 512mb. PLUS ATI DRIVER SET 8.3 so.completely up to date..as i said loaded it on my other drive with XP and same drivers etc,,,no problems at all runs in top settings no lag in the game or anything.

pwncake,

There is a spanking new driver set for 8800 owners, something like 158.xx Check them out and see if they help, I don't have a 8800 to try on.

MZRoadster,

You need to give me some detail, version numbers, processor types, UAL on, amount of memory.

westyork,

As you see, all sorts of us are running it under Vista. I personally run it on both Version of Vista. Is your XP 32 or 64 bit version [Yes, there is a 64 bit version of XP]. I'll see what I can find out about the 64 bit drivers from ATI.

Rune

Hi guys,

unfortunately the demo isn´t working on my rig at all. After running the config utility it only gives the "problem with tow.exe" message. Running in admin mode or xp compatibility mode didn´t help either.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6300

MB: ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi

RAM: 2Gig G.Skill DDR2 PC800

Graphic: ASUS NVIDIA FX7950GT

Driver: 158.18

Resolution: 1600x1200

any ideas how to get the demo to run ?

cheers

Well if its the drivers causing problems..I'm left scratching my head at the moment...

I installed the demo without Catalyst control center installed (crashed all the time with version 7.3 during boot up) Game loaded fine, seemed a little on the slow side with Crossfire X1950 Pro video cards. Thought that it was a video driver issue.

Got home later that day, installed lastest Catalyst 7.4 Drivers, my CCC crashes stopped. tried ToW again...slide show..1-5 FPS.

Uninstalled 7.4 drivers just now, installed 7.1 drivers per recommendations here and now the Program crashes every time I try to launch it!

I'm re downloading it at the moment, will try a new install to see if it fixes it.

My system:

Athlon XP3000+ on Epox mobo

2 Gig Ram

Windows Vista 32 bit

Nvidia 7900 GS AGP

Matrox Triplehead surround setup (3 screen + 1 additional flatscreen monitor)

SB Audigy

260GB HD

All drivers are the latest available. Have not been able to get TOW running at all.