ATI Rage Pro series drivers

Several people on this board use video cards based on the ATI Rage Pro series of chipsets (Rage Pro, Rage Lt Pro & Rage Mobility). Such ATI cards as the Xpert98, Xpert@Play, Xpert@Work are based on these. Some newer laptops are based on the Rage Lt Pro and Rage Mobility chipsets.

Unfortunately there are many other Rage chipsets out there that aren't supported by this modified driver. Rage I (mach64's), Rage II, Rage IIc, Rage II+, Rage 128's & Rage 128 Pros (which have been working for me however).

Anyway... people have complained of features lacking in the latest drivers from ATI (or their laptop manufacturer). Well, there may be hope.For those of you who are willing to experiment and possibly deal with drivers that don't have all the features... A developer on the Rage3D site has modified this series of drivers to improve performance and address some issues regarding these chipsets.

RageLtMan's ATI Drivers (Rage3D):

http://www.rage3d.com/files/drivers/rageltdriver.shtml

It may not solve all the problems and it may even cause more problems with CM or other programs, but for those daring enough it may provide some possible fixes (especially those with laptops).

I myself will try to dig up a Rage Pro based card and see how well this works, but it may be over a week before I get to testing this. If anyone here feels up to the task, I'm sure a number of users on this forum would like to know if these drivers fix some of the problems.