language problem

Guy123

Hey guys

Im having some problems with combat mission afrika corps. i bought the game from the CDV site, however when i got the game this morning and tried to play it the language is in German! i dont know how to change this and being british with no real German literacy skills it makes the game rather unjoyable. could someone pealse tell me if there is a patch to change this?

pelase help!

Guy

[ December 02, 2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Guy123 ]

Who actually shipped this game ? When accessing the English portions of CDV's website they indicate that Amazon does the shipping.

Unfortunately this is the one CDV version I don't have, so I don't know much about it. In the past, if I recall correctly, CDV's CM releases were multilingual and you picked the language during install. Is this one of the options with CM3 that you may have overlooked (with German being the default) ?

As far as I'm aware the 1.03 Patch on Battlefront's FTP server will install in German, French and English (the first dialog box that comes up during the patch install is for selecting the "install" language) and it is the patch used for the CDV version too. However I'm not aware if this will be sufficient enough to change all of the German text you see in the game. Some bitmaps may not get replaced that have German text in them.

You may want to reinstall CMAK and see if English is offered as one of the language options. If it isn't, then installing the 1.03 patch (which you'll most likely want to do anyway) may help somewhat, but not completely transform the language of CMAK.

yeh i tried re-installing it about 4 times already and there is no german/english option, and whats more, the bastards ( ;) ) charged me 29.99 Euros, but on their damn site (i dont know if it was a fault or not) it said it was 0.00 Euros. either way its a breach of the trade descriptions act, and i need that money lol!

ill try the patch soon cheers for the link!

Guy