1 year anniversary

crazyman56

I have been a big fan of the Combat Mission games, CMBB and CMAK especially. There you could design your own battles and string them into a campaign. It appears nothing has changed in the last 10 years of game developing. If you look at Falcon 3.0 you look at a game where your wing could make a difference in the campaign, and you could track your squad mates. IL-2 although great and I still play it, lacks this sort of detail that us Sim Heads love. Also in TOW, there is no campaign, just battles that mean nothing in the end. You can not change history, nor make any impact in the campaign. Your men die, you replace them with less expereinced folks and go to the next battle, not the next mission in a large campaign that could alter the "Theatre of Operations" I wonder why they called they called the game "Theatre of War" you cant alter crap. The best you can do is go to the Campaign editor and create your own game, because like IL-2 its like going down a Hallway. You cant change the outcome of the war at all. What were to happen if you played France, and actually caused so many casualties or stopped them at important Axis of advances, crippling their movement.. what happened to WHAT IF... Thank God IL-2 came out with 1946, at least we can design our own what if scenerios finaly. I look at the forum and I think TOW is dead, For a great looking game it sucks that it might die because of lack of detail, and lack of units. Ok I agree I may be complaining, but for a glichy game, huge UBER Patch, we the consumers want more, more and more, and we want it acurate, detailed with many options. I will be the first to admit this sounds selfish, but who pays for the game.. the consumers. Anyway enough ranting. I would love to see a game like the beautiful TOW with campaign aspects like Falcon 3.0. Something with meaning. I want to feel like I am apart of a "Theatre of War" with the potential for winning or losing it my way. No more steering me down the game designers path, let me choose my units for a certain battle.. battle comences. If I win then great, our battle lines move forward, if I lose, our battle lines retreat,or maybe even hold if I attacked. But for GOD sakes lets take Sim playing to a new level. If Falcon 3.0 could give you great dynamics back in the early 90's. We should be able to creat something even Greater in 2009.

Cheers for a good game, but still with alot more potential.

Best regards,

Juergen