Spanish Civil War

Arengada

Now that the new addon is coming I was thinking that some sort of Expansion based on the Spanish Civil War would be great. There aren't any games based on that conflict (at least any serious strategy games) and I think it would be very fun to play.

Many new units, soviet armament, italian troops... and playing as the republicans would be quite a challenge.

PS. Perhaps a mod is maybe more reasonable...

Arengada,

There is a Spanish Civil War mod for CMBB, to include vehicle skins, uniforms, voices, scenarios, ops, etc. This might tide you over until you get your expansion wish. If you do, be sure you get to put antitank guns in upper stories of buildings, for this was done historically. A Pak 36 doesn't weigh much. A search of the CMBB Forum will turn up all sorts of goodies, including a great article on Soviet tank operations in the SCW by Steve Zaloga.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Arengada:

Now that the new addon is coming I was thinking that some sort of Expansion based on the Spanish Civil War would be great. There aren't any games based on that conflict (at least any serious strategy games) and I think it would be very fun to play.

Many new units, soviet armament, italian troops... and playing as the republicans would be quite a challenge.

PS. Perhaps a mod is maybe more reasonable...

I'd like to see a proper SCW mod with new vehicles and stats for something like ToW or Combat Mission too! For ground combat, there are also SCW mods for Close Combat 3 and 5 (both very good) and Blitzkrieg (somewhat "arcade"-like but fun).