Unbelievable

StkNRdr

I just finished Escaping the Pocket in the German Campaign. At one point there were a handfull of Shermans advancing with infantry. I had a Panther and 2 MarkIVs facing them. I took out or disabled the tanks. The infantry, about 30, kept advancing across an open field of 200 yards into my tanks at a full run. 2 of my tanks were at the further end and had excellent field of fire. The last tank was on their flank, again with an excellent field of fire. Instead of the total massacre that it should have been, none of my tanks killed even one soldier. They continued their advance. I had to retreat or be overrun. The 2 MarkIVs were disbaled by the infantry as they retreated. The Panther made it. Facing soldiers like that it is no wonder the Germans wanted out of the pocket!

did you check the LOS? was the tank with stop fire order? why didnt you fire at ground using area zone with HE anmo? why didnt you order the tanks to use the Mgs?

I made an AAR about that mission, and got no problem. Yes, the AI soldiers was suicidal in my game too, thats why my tanks killed them all...

Here's a wierd thing that happened in the battle that pits the cromwells against 3 tigers.

Basically I disabled one or two but all my tanks were taken out. The wierd part however is the game ended after only several minutes and gave the victory to me. Very strange.