Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Missing text on scenario selection screen and other text weirdness. Help!

Hello,

At the screen where you choose your scenario, my screen has absolutely no text where the scenarios are listed. When i click where a scenario should be, and click ok, I go to the next screen where you decide difficulty and side. Again, no text. When I launch a scenario, some text is missing, and other text have a white bar highlight on them. The onscreen graphics, such as tanks and landscape, are otherwise ok.

This problem occurs on all versions (1.0,1.1,1.2) The game ran perfectly before, although the last time I played was 2 months ago. Since then, I have changed my video card settings but can't find out how to get them back to allow CMBB to work. Can anyone help me here? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Ati Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 2.4 driver, newest one)

Newest via 4-in-1 driver

AMD 2200+ (1.8 ghz)

768mb DDR RAM

WinXP

MSI Kt3 Ultra 2 (via kt333 chipset)

Soundblaster Audigy

2 60 gig hd's in Raid 0 array (striping)

If the game ran perfectly before, what did you change to cause the problem ? Did you change your Catalyst version ? Did you uninstall your previous drivers before installing your current Catalyst ?

There is one Microsoft patch for 'WM_TIMER' security issues (Q328310) that causes some blank screens with the ATI and NVidia drivers. This thread has some more info. You may want to uninstall the patch if you have it installed (though it may not effect everyone in the same manner and it may not be a solution to your current problem).