IMPORTANT! CAMERA

Bloodstar44

I need that developers answer to me...

First, congrats on this patch it sparked my interest to this game again!

Second, I have asked this question before but need to ask it again and get PRECISE answer.

I do play some other games and camera control should be much better. Mind you that will not turn this game into headless RTS just make it more accessible so question to developers:

DID YOU GUYS PLAYED BY ANYCHANCE MEDIEVAL 2: TOTAL WAR OR HEROES 5????

I am asking this because that's the most intuitive way of using camera MTW 2 in tactical battles and Heroes 5 on a map!

So, please can you tell me is it possible somehow to use camera this way. I found this way of using mouse and keyboard very non intuitive!

I am playing MTW 2 a lot so when I load Theatre of War it is just plain wrong done and it is a real chore.

If this is not possible now please make it in a next patch because I don't know if I will play this game at all on this non intuitive way. Thank you.

EDIT: In MTW 2 for example you don't use keyboard at all!!! Just for pause. and ctrl for selecting more units nothing else.

So mouse is used for rotating camera around, right click attak or move and left click jump on the map to the spot. wheel is used for watching elevation. And that's it. Why you opted to complicate this so much for Christ sake???

[ February 04, 2008, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Bloodstar44 ]

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

You can change camera behavior in camera options menu, there are three separate modes and most camera parameters can be changed to your tastes.

I will try that again. But if I cannot configure this game to play it like MTW 2 don't know if I will play it at all anymore which would be shame

I play Total War - Faces of War - Theatre of war

And have no problems with the camera in neither of them in fact they are all very similar! You will just have to tweak the camera to your likings and live with it.

And i do use the cursor keys to pan a lot in all of this games

PS: You do know that if you click and hold the middle mouse button (scroll wheal) you free the camera smile.gif . And ofcourse the "enter" unit view camera option (unique to Tow) is your friend

Originally posted by TTorpedo:

I play Total War - Faces of War - Theatre of war

And have no problems with the camera in neither of them in fact they are all very similar! You will just have to tweak the camera to your likings and live with it.

And i do use the cursor keys to pan a lot in all of this games

PS: You do know that if you click and hold the middle mouse button (scroll wheal) you free the camera smile.gif . And ofcourse the "enter" unit view camera option (unique to Tow) is your friend

LOL OK I will have to sit and tweak those control a bit. No problem then :D