Bought TOW off ebay: I'm guessing I shouldn't have done this...

gunnz80

I bought a copy of Theatre of War from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Theatre-of-War-DVD-PC-GAME-Authentic-NEW-fromStore_W0QQitemZ320212790515QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says that the supplier is New Era. In checking New Era's site, I couldn't find any mention of Theatre of War. It says that it is completely legal and is not pirated, so then who is the publisher of this version? Maybe someone from Battlefront could answer this?

My main concern is that I'm not going to be able to apply the patch to the game and I'll be stuck with a vanilla copy. Oddly enough the region says US/Canada, but it is from Thailand.

I'm going to ask for a refund if the patch can't be applied. It looked legitimate and I looked at the feedback and no one mentioned patch problems, but because Theatre of War has different companies doing the patches..well I'm thinking this could complicate things. So, any idea if this is legitimate and can the patch be applied?

[ January 29, 2008, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: gunnz80 ]

I am not sure what version that is exactly, but its not the Battlefront one so the latest Uber patch will not work with it.

We are working with several other publishers currently so that they can release the uber patch for their versions so hopefullythat will be ready for your game soon although I have to admit I have never heard of that company. Then again, I dont really deal with the 3rd party distribution much, Martin does.

Madmatt

Thank you for the quick reply and for finding that website. I find it odd that they link Battlefront's website, even though it is 1C that publishes the game. It also looks like I'm getting a Thai manual..ugh. Well you know, you cut corners and that's what you get. I think that I will probably ask for a refund and just buy the game directly from Battlefront.

Sneaksie,

That's great to hear, any idea on the time line for the release? A month, two months? Also is the manual available in PDF form? The one I'm getting is apparently Thai. This is the type of game where I'm definitely going to need the manual.

Thanks.