LoS tool does not work ?!?

Reichenberg

Originally posted by Madmatt:

[*]Line of Sight system upgraded: Line of sight is now affected in a more realistic fashion by objects such as small shrubs, tree trunks and leaves among many other elements.

Line of Sight tool implemented when giving "Attack", "Assault" and "Area Fire" commands. Green line indicates a clear area with unobstructed line of sight where the flora does not hinder fire; a red line shows an area of good sight without serious (but some) blockage; while a black line indicates places your units can’t see at all....

It is great that it is implemented.......but I do not see it :eek:

After upgrading I see the new version no. in the upper right corner, I have the two new campaigns selectable, all the intenet MP I see too - but when setting a unit to attack, area fire or assault I see the cursor with the crosshairs, I see the cursor changing colour from red to grey when I place it at a spot without LoS, but I do not see the LoS-line.

I have tried it with different single battles, even with the new Battle for Normandy, but no avail.

Am I doing something totally stupid here?? Do you have to "activate" the LoS tool somewhere???

:confused: Uwe

I have exactly The same problem. It maked me crazy because I had reinstalled the game two times and I searched everywhere how it's working. I couldn't see the new LOS tool display. I'm using always the old system. What's the matter ?

Sorry to say that Reichenberg, but I'm glad do not be alone to experiment this problem. Sincerely, I was very very surprised that it isn't work to any way. Otherwise all the others features seem to work; new campaign, new mission. The game is well recognized as 1.10.0.81.

Yes me too, I thought it was the problem. I'm using JSH 1.0 and the mods you are talking about + oudy models. I completely disabled it and deinstall Tow, then reinstall a fresh install of TOW with the 2 patches in this order : 1.3.0.56 then 1.10.0.81.

BTW, i'm using Vista 32 bits. My system is a C2Duo 3Ghz + 4 Go DDRII + Nvidia 8800 GTX

No, I do not see it during game play. Tried it with different battles, campaigns, different units, attack (with trying the 3 different target areas), assault, area fire, played through a whole battle - nothing.....

Just the cursor with the crosshairs changing its colour (red to grey for LoS and no LoS), but no arrow, line or something similar pointing from my selected unit to the cursor.

Can I check something else???

Uwe

Originally posted by theBrit:

Yes i see it during play....whats the colours mean?

And I quote from MadMatt" Green line indicates a clear area with unobstructed line of sight where the flora does not hinder fire; a Red line shows an area of good sight without serious (but some) blockage; while a Black line indicates places your units can’t see at all

Hope this help. Oh, and it works for me.

Originally posted by JohnO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by theBrit:

Yes i see it during play....whats the colours mean?

And I quote from MadMatt" Green line indicates a clear area with unobstructed line of sight where the flora does not hinder fire; a Red line shows an area of good sight without serious (but some) blockage; while a Black line indicates places your units can’t see at all

Hope this help. Oh, and it works for me. </font>

The blue icons come from a mod that displays historical correct German flags in the game - But Jochem stated before that he patched over a freshly installed ToW and had the same problem.

Jmayer - the missing LoS tool is with attack, area fire and with assault..... with each we do not see the LoS tool :(

Uwe

Hello Sneaksie, I finally find the way to make it work.

It seems that's JSH1.0 is in conflict with it. I completely deinstall it and now, its working. JSH1.0 change some parameters in each missions of the game. Perhaps this is the problem.

I think possible too it could be the Icons mods. Otherwise, I gonna to reinstall completely the game and report here what is the exact problem.

Reichenberg, verify that you have well activate the paramteres in options menus to see arrows ;)

I advice you to deinstall completely the game and reinstall it properly without any mods.

Wathever the problem, I don't see the real utility of the new Los because it's implemented with the old localisation system ( red arrow ). When you launch a mission, you could not profit of this system to place your units before start the game. It's look like a little bit to Close Combat LoS system, but Close Combat assume it completely.