Suicidal Grenade Attacks

dragonwagon

Was messing around with the new battle builder,(works well).Made a small battle for german infantry to defend a small town.Anyhow,to make a long story short,while defending against some T-34 and infantry attack,my men were blowing themselves up while triing to throw their anti-tank grenades through buildings!!! The first time it happened thought was strange,but after losing a total of four grenade throwers(plus one poor slob being close to his buddy) ,something is up me thinks,a bug perhaps?

Anyone else have a similar incident? :confused:

Well,its day two,and as it seems my men are still targeting tanks with their anti tank grenades through buildings and only killing themselves in the process.

I thought maybe it was me because I was targeting them before they could actualually have line of sight,but low and behold they were doing it on their own with me just letting them do their own thing.........

Yeah, it's a shame that didn't get fixed... the pre-uber patch version did the same thing. Near as I could figure it, my ambushing soldier gets the line-of-sight verification when he sees the front of the AFV coming around the corner... but then tries to target the center of the AFV when throwing his anti-tank grenade. Which is normally what you'd want him to do, if there wasn't a wall/building in the way...