Communicate

bus

I do think that ToW is a really grate game but it could be awesome if it could take some ideas from the Close Combat series.

My suggestion is that the troops should speak and communicate much more, like they do in Close Combat. In the CC-games the units shout when they are depressed and are under fire.

It makes you to know when a unit is under fire or depressed, and not just report when they lost a commander.

I think that it makes easier to get a view over the battle field, and you know if a unit needs support.

cheers/

bus

Excellent idea bus. "We are under heavy fire" und "Geht in Deckung" I remember well. This is more intense and helps the player to keep awareness.

My backup copy of the old CC2 is marked November 1997. So I suggest that the TOW team gets a copy and studies it well.

Graphics nowadays are much much better.

But, playing through the big campaign of CC2 Arnhem this spring I have to say that together with the CM series this is still my scale of measure for a tactical game.

In the campaign it matters which area you support and how you fight effects the course of things.

This could be done 10 years ago and ran well on a P133.

I look forward to the next patch and if I see some progress will buy the end of October shop release here in germany.

BTW, in this July i've played through CC2 with my friend. I've played the Allies and he as Germans, i was capable to achieve only minor victory (XXX corps met remains of airborne at blown Arnhem rail bridge) ;)

We would love to implement such thing of course (simultaneous missions in various places that affect how campaign progresses), but i don't think we'll be able to do it in time for addon; i hope we'll make such a system some day.