CMMOS help plz

Ok I just installed the thing. I'm downloading all the mods. I have a few questions about it.

1)I'm pretty sure that I unzip all the BMP's to the BMP folder just like with regular mods. What about the Infotext? Does it have to go anywhere or can I just forget about it?

2) I seem to be having problems using my download accelerator on the CMHQ site-does anyone else have this problem?

Ok 4 hours and 500 megs later I downloaded all the CMMOS on that page.

And all I have to say is....holy christ what a pain in the ass!!! especially when DAP doesnt want to work. Wouldnt it be easier to zip all those files up into one big file for people with broadband??

Anyways I'm curious what to do now. I noticed that there are like 15 different versions of the SDKFZ 250 or whatever. surely I cant copy all those BMP's into my BMP file because they'll just copy over each other...am I right?

Originally posted by Canuck:

And all I have to say is....holy christ what a pain in the ass!!!...Wouldnt it be easier to zip all those files up into one big file for people with broadband??

A lot of people don't have broadband and it would be a waste of server space to create a duplicate "one file". Plus keeping it updated with the latest mods would be time consuming for the Gordon and Manx.

Look at it this way, you won't have to do it again. smile.gif You might want to consider burning everything you downloaded to a CD if you can as a backup.

I noticed that there are like 15 different versions of the SDKFZ 250 or whatever. surely I cant copy all those BMP's into my BMP file because they'll just copy over each other...am I right?

Nope. :D Just extract all of the ZIP files you downloaded to your BMP directory. The filenames are all different so they don't overwrite each other. Don't worry about the description.txt and info.txt files as they are not needed. Then use CMMOS to select the mod you want. CMMOS copies the specific mods BMPs to the BMPs that CM uses to display each vehicle, uniform, building, tree, whatever.

You also might want to consult the excellent readme.rtf that Gordon included with CMMOS as it will probably answer most of your questions. It should be in the following location on your computer:

C:\Program Files\GEM Software Production\CM Mod Option Selector\readme.rtf

Hope this helps.

[ March 25, 2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Originally posted by Canuck:

ok I got that figured out.

A couple more questions. I've seen tons of weapons, Tiger, and infantry mods yet I dont have any of that for CMMOS. Do I have to get that stuff the old fashioned way or am I missing some files?

There are still many categories that have still to be "CMMOSIZED", but will i believe, be added to CMMOS in the future, with Uniforms being just one of those.

Also, i can fully understand that some people would appreciate having one huge d/l that includes all the CMMOS mods in, but as pointed out by sitzkrieg, this isn't very practical for us -- not only for the amount of diskspace used up in duplicating everything, but also having to re-upload a massive file everytime we add a few more MB's to it. And besides, i'm only on a 56K as well. :D