Cannot continue CMBB TCP/IP game after lost connection

Problem: After a "lost connection" it seems to be totally impossible to continue a TCP/IP game.

Example: Players A & B begin a TCP/IP match. Suddenly the connection is lost. BOTH A & B reboot their machines. A restarts CMBB and informs B that he can reconnect. However, B cannot connect A's machine, nor can A connect B's.

This is very annoying problem! Has anyone found a working solution to it?

I've tried everything (rebooting, disabling firewall etc.) except a virgin sacrifice, but no use. Once the connection is lost, it will work no more.

Yes, it has happened more than once, and with different opponents.

Connection cannot be established whether starting a new game or restoring from autosave. This affects only that opponent one was playing with when the connection was lost.

Notice: Usually rebooting helps, but if it doesn't there seems nothing to be done.

I've tried ping with my regular finnish opponent, but never with anyone else. If I remember correctly, ping didn't find my opponents IP. Our standard practise is that the hosting player reboots his machine after each game, or else the connection does not work.

We both have cable modems, without fixed IP address, and both use ZoneAlarm as firewall.

I suspect the "won't connect even after reboot" - problem is caused by some component, be it software or hardware, "remembering" the lost connection.

After you reboot, go to the command line and run "netstat /a" If it shows TCP or UDP port 7023 active before you start CM, something odd is up.

Also, given you two have dynamic IPs, you are checking for a new one after reboot, correct?

WWB