Victory conditions concerns

StkNRdr

OK, the first thing I will admit is that I am not an expert. I have played all campaigns in the first release and 2 since the latest update. I have been playing in the middle mode with morale on. I like the latest version but have concerns over the victory conditions.

Something seems amiss when you end with a kill ratio of 3 to 1 in infantry and 2 to 1 in armor, have taken 2 out of 3 locations and have positions at or near the third and except for 1 immobilized enemy tank near the last victory location (which of course there is no way to take it out without losing your forces trying) and the mission is deemed a defeat as a result.

In my estimation if I were able to end the game appropriately (without killing off my troops to move to the next mission) I wouldn't lose all forces and this would be a minor victory or at least a stalemate. The game needs an End Game that is allowed after a certain point that computes the actual losses and victory locations held and gives a more scientific determination of type of victory, stalemate or defeat, not solely based on victory locations held. (Also the final stat tallies should show the total numbers of each type of force, those lost, those remaining and a percentage).

Sorry if this is the same old complaint.

Na, it's a very good point! I too have had this problem, on one of the German missions all my light armored vehicles were either disabled, immobilized, or shot to bits. So now I'm stuck with four too five infantry squads which I know I can use to take the tank out, but at the cost of much of the % of men i have left (a lot of the squad members were also wounded - critically wounded) so i had to pick up some Russian anti tank grenades (seeing as how my great and wise German high command saw it fit to not supply us with them O.o) and rush the tank with all my inf. it worked but I lost some of my best soldiers in the process 4 and 5 campaign soldiers to be exact. So i totally agree with your point... Just my two cents smile.gif

In this moment, the lack of a retreat/endmission or better victory conditions assesment is my biggest complaint about TOW, followed by the lack of a Line of Sight tool.

So your 'same old complaint' is totally valid, and it claims for a solution.

I hope that things like this will be adressed in the near future. Unfortunately the lack of any news about the next version makes me worry a bit...