DVD Sales and Patch

bodkin

Hope this is the right place to post.

I want to order ToW by DVD and I know the download version is updated with the latest patch and Moscow missions but what about the DVD?

Unfortunately I can only get dial up where I live and so if the dvd isn't patched I dread downloading the patch,is there any way a cd with the patch on it could be included in the sale or is the pushing it a bit.

Any help appreciated.

I assume the DVD just comes in its first revision without the Moscow add-on and without the now released patch. There comes a patch with the DVD, but it is only to bring the DVD version up to the revision of the first download version. Depending on the sales there is always the chance of a newer version of the DVD.

I saw that you live in Australia - maybe some ToW player from Australia offers to burn you a CD or DVD with the patch and the add-on and mail it to you. Unfortunately I am from Germany, otherwise I would have volunteered here.

Uwe

If you use a download manager like GetRight, you shouldn't have a problem downloading the patch!. Do what I do, setup GetRight to download over night, if the you can't get it all in one night, you can complete the download in a second or third night. I have downloaded 1.5 Gigabyte programs with a 56K modem using this method. The only issue is finding download sites that allow resuming!

Eventually a new DVD disk image will be re-mastered which includes this patch content (or whatever patch add-on is out) but not for the near future.

We like to have the download versions and disk images synch up though, but with ToW, due to the huge size of the files, that may not be possible.

Because of issues with handling of files in excess of 2 gigs in size (which it would be if the patch content was included) we are not going to update the download version with the patch content at this time.

If I can get the full installer to compress down to less than 2 gigs, we will, but I have not yet been successful at that and I don't want to force a multi-file install unless I have to.

Madmatt