Petition to focus work on the extending of MP in the Addon

Sledge110

The question:

Will the multiplayer part overworked or not?

The answer:

We don't have any details available on these topics at the moment. There are some plans on extending multiplayer gameplay in the addon, but final decisions on its features have not been made. As we get closer to release the addon, we'll have more details to share.

If you are interested in playing a good working und playable TOW-Multiplayer someday, then please support this petition.

There are only limmited recources and the Devs cant solve any Problem at the same time.

We need to show that a lot of customers wants a multiplayer who earns his name.

So: Consumers concentrate your voice/power, maybe this will help to make faster "final decisions"!!!!! smile.gif

Its something that will be looked on for sure, but due to the amount of work that would require, its doubtful enhanced MP will appear in a patch. More than likely it will be part of a future add-on and would be a commerical (i.e. not free) release.

MP in ToW was always advertised as deathmatch only although we would like to expand on it at some point.

Madmatt

MP is the only thing on my mind at the moment. I am done with the single player!

Madmatt,

We understand the complete overhaul of MP code would take much longer than a patch window allows. However, there are some low hanging fruits and low risk (in terms of development and introducing new bugs to the code), that can be done to get the community's interest at ready.

The current maps (number of maps and size of the maps) are very limited and small. At the very least, we would expect some additional maps and perhaps a few options added in the lobby (such as selecting hardware based on a point system).

The rest of the wish-list can be addressed in the add-on and I for one will gladly pay for it. But to be honest, the MP presented in the offical released game was somehow unfinished and rudementary.

Over and out.

Having to pay to get a working multiplayer component to the game? Grrrr . . . I must bite my tongue because I want to say many things and none of them are nice.

As far as multiplayer being advertised as deathmatch . . . I haven't noticed too many people having much success with that aspect either.

Originally posted by RabidRabbit:

Having to pay to get a working multiplayer component to the game? Grrrr . . . I must bite my tongue because I want to say many things and none of them are nice.

As far as multiplayer being advertised as deathmatch . . . I haven't noticed too many people having much success with that aspect either.

I have to agree. The games good -- but has alot of issues. One of the biggest problems is lack of online multiplayer capability. These sorts of games sink or swim based upon the ability of gamers to easily hook-up and play on line. A happy gamer tells friends they need to get this game...and friends tell friends. Luke warm gamers aren't likely to pass the word along to buy such-and-such game. Now multiplayer might be added -- but for an additional cost? It will be interesting to see how that business strategy plays out with respect to the future success of this game.

As i heard some days ago that an Pay Add-On is in development, i got the bad feeling that the patch of this Alpha-Multiplayer will be included then.

The Reason?

Its the strongest argument to pay again for that game. New campaigns and missions are nice, but animate not many customers to lay new cash on the table. A real multiplayer is just the killer reason.

I really like that game and are impressed from the great BF-Support, but dont understand how that multiplayer-version could pass the quality-control. Especially if you remind the BF-Headline "Battlefront.com Home of Superior War and Strategy Games".

In my eyes it would be better to play with open cards and say "We have actually no real multiplayer, this is currently only a singleplayer-game" and not to add this THING to the featurelist of this game. I doubt that this can be their understanding of quality.......

In my eyes the Image of Battlefront as a special softwarecompany, is strongly damaged. At the end its just a business and every businessman wants to earn maximal money with minimal investment.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Madmatt:

Its something that will be looked on for sure, but due to the amount of work that would require, its doubtful enhanced MP will appear in a patch. More than likely it will be part of a future add-on and would be a commerical (i.e. not free) release.

MP in ToW was always advertised as deathmatch only although we would like to expand on it at some point.

Madmatt

I only just saw this answer - if I had known this before buying the game today, I wouldnt have done it in the first place.

Anyone wanna buy my copy?

Edit: as I wrote in another post before I was directed to this one

I'd really like to see more multiplayer missions. I finally bought this game today and I have to say that I was VERY disapointed in the multiplayer. I'd like to buy my units, recieve reinforcements, use planes/artillery and most of all - have a goal apart from destroying the enemy.

Best of all would be if they made a random generator option just like we've got in Combat Mission. Atm this game feels abit waste of money for me (as I only wanna play multiplayer. I've been playing the CM games frequently with my brother since the first one was released).

Would atleast wanna be able to play through the missions in multiplayer.

Big thumbs down so far really!

Edit2: even the deathmatch games where worthless. The option to buy forces should atleast be aviable.

I'd give this game the following score:

Singleplayer 8/10

Multiplayer 2/10 or 3/10 - proberbly a weak 3.

[ June 10, 2007, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Ankh Morpork ]

I find it hard to believe that this game has been undergoing devolpment for the last 5 years and they didn't fix the multiplayer.

Its not like multiplayer is a new concept is it.

I have played many online multiplayer games of all types which all have either a dedicated easy to use meeting area with in built chat or an easy to use server finder.

To not include a basic workable multiplayer from the outset is a massive mistake.

As far as i'm concerned i am glad i decided to wait before i parted with my money.

And the way this game is heading i don't think i will bother getting it at all.

Which as i was looking forward to some online tank fest's against others is a massive dissapointment.

Oh well i'll have to keep playing other easy to use online games instead won't i.

Its BFC's loss.

An Avalon Hill Blitzkreig style MP game would be nice, with different MP missions like 'Exit as many units from the map from the North' or 'Hold the town for *some_time*'

Sometimes not balanced is the balance - battles were never balanced in real life - the balance should be the mission, not particularly the units.

any way - MP - yes !! smile.gif