Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB Stuttering During Gameplay

Greetings,

First, please accept my apologies in advance if I seem a bit frustrated, I have been dealing with this issue since I purchased CMBB over a month ago to no avail.

Whenever I play CMBB, every 2-4 minutes the game starts to "stutter", the screen shakes, sound goes nuts, etc. This lasts for about 10 seconds at a time, and makes the game unplayable. I also have had the same problem on the CMBO Demo that I downloaded recently.

My system specs are: P4 @ 2Gig, 256 Megs of RAM, GeForce 2 MX400, Running XP.

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, from updating my video drivers, rolling them back to 3 or 4 older versions (going back to 2.*), re-installing the game, etc. I run a very clean system, and haven't had any similar problems on other games that I run.

CMBB is the best game I have come across hands down, and I was going to purchase CMBO, but until I can correct this issue, I will be holding off so I don't run into the same problems.

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Val.

Which particular version of the NVidia Detonator drivers are you running ?

What processes do you have running in the background while you're playing CM ? Any antivirus or other utilities running while you're playing CM ?

Do you have any USB devices hooked up to your computer ? If you do, can you disconnect them while you're playing CM ? Obviously an USB mouse may present a problem here, but if it is the only USB device, then there may not be much of a problem from this angle.

Does this stutter only manifest itself in the screen redraw or does the sound stutter too ? What sound card are you using ? Have you turned off 'ambient' sound to see if this has any effect ?

Are you connected to a network while you're playing CM ? Can you physically disconnect from it to see if this helps ?

Greetings,

Actually it appears to be a bit moot, as I have been doing some research on the boards, and this seems to be the exact NVIDIA/XP bug others have been experiencing.

I have just completed iconbob's fix suggestion and installed the 3.0.8.2 drivers. I am about to give it a test run and I will see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Val.

Well, I just went through the process that iconbob laid out a few weeks back to fix the bug problem, and now instead of the game locking up every 3-4 minutes, it is happening every 1-2 minutes.

I am at my wits end, and am utterly frustrated. anyone wish to buy a copy of CMBB?

Val.