medical soldier?

Snow Leopard

But wouldn't it be great if they did something? Say it's changed so that critically wounded soldiers can't fight anymore, and will become KIA in a certain length of time unless stabilized by a medic. That would be a great role-playing addition! Reduce the occurance of instant KIA, expand the chances of critical wounds, and suddenly you have a better chance of those decorated infantry being alive for future missions if your medic can get to them.

:D thats not realistic at all. Too much Hollywood. Wouldn't make any difference. Soldiers rarely are able to continue the fight after being hit anywhere, especially with 7.92. So its a moot point. The game has critcally injured red guys operating ata reduced capacity. This is good enough.

To give soldiers battlefield surviveability, maybe concealment could be factored in a little stronger when prone in thick vegitation.

I agree that the time frame of a ToW mission is too short for medics to "heal" the critically wounded. But medics can still have an affect, especially on the soldier's morale. A squad that has untreated wounded would be less likely to advance (leaving the wounded behind) and may suffer a drop in morale if forced to leave the wounded. Thus the medic by stabilising or at least tending the critically wounded would allow the squad to become active again.

I dunno, they still take up memory and graphics processing power alive or dead. Even if you hid the bodies, there's still a little backpack laying on the ground where they died so you can pick stuff up. But no "healing" them back to full health, just keeping them alive for a later battle.

Narsil? Thought I left you hanging on my wall. When did swords learn to use the internet? smile.gif Good idea tying it in with morale!