Moving Maps Question

K9crump

Hi all. Awhile back a heard someone mention that you could copy the other maps from the campaigns and put them in the single missions folder. This way you could play them over as single player games. Can someone please give me alittle more detail in how this is done? I have copied a couple of the folders in the german campaign(seelow and seliger) and put them in the SP folder, but when I launch the game they are not in the SP menu. What do I need to do? Anyone?

Thanks

Mike

If you go to 'single player', 'campaign'... then select the campaign the mission was in, you can replay the individual missions.

I don't think you can play them as completely stand alone missions though.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Actually, you can and here is how...

1) Backup the campaign.xml and texts.utf8 files in SINGLE_MISSIONS folder

2) Copy whatever campaign battles that you want to use into the SINGLE_MISSIONS folder. Copy the entire battle folder. For example: all of P001_Mokra for the first Polish battle.

3) Open the campaign.xml file in whatever folder that you got the campaign battles from.

4) Copy the info for the folders that you moved. Again, for P001_Mokra, that would be:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> <Mission>

<Number>1</Number>

<SID>P001</SID>

<Name>P001_Mokra</Name>

<Country>POL</Country>

<Layer>P001_Mokra.mat</Layer>

<Success>P002</Success>

<Failed>P002</Failed>

</Mission>

</pre>

Originally posted by SGT_56M:

If you go to 'single player', 'campaign'... then select the campaign the mission was in, you can replay the individual missions.

I don't think you can play them as completely stand alone missions though.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Oh yes, I think you can make them appear in the single mission menu. Haven't tried this, yet, but others have. I think one way is to open them in the editor and save them as single missions.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually, you can and here is how...

1) Backup the campaign.xml and texts.utf8 files in SINGLE_MISSIONS folder

2) Copy whatever campaign battles that you want to use into the SINGLE_MISSIONS folder. Copy the entire battle folder. For example: all of P001_Mokra for the first Polish battle.

3) Open the campaign.xml file in whatever folder that you got the campaign battles from.

4) Copy the info for the folders that you moved. Again, for P001_Mokra, that would be:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> <Mission>

<Number>1</Number>

<SID>P001</SID>

<Name>P001_Mokra</Name>

<Country>POL</Country>

<Layer>P001_Mokra.mat</Layer>

<Success>P002</Success>

<Failed>P002</Failed>

</Mission>

</pre>

5) Paste that info above into the SINGLE_MISSIONS campaign.xml file under the existing ones.

6) Change the numbering of battles to the next in sequence. Or renumber to your liking.

Save

This will now run the campaign battles in the single mission selection. However the description will be missing.

To fix this open the texts.utf8 file and copy the last section. Replace the duplicate names in the copied section with the name of the moved battles. Update the description with the correct one from the Missions - Nationality - texts.utf8 file.