What needs to be fixed: My opinion

*Buzzsaw*

So you spent two hours looking for infantry. Man, I sure don't have that patience. tongue.gif

The victory conditions do need to be tweaked. Though I really don't see what it has to do with changing tracks.

Spot on, Dude.

Some victory conditions seem to have bugs. There is only so much that can be done in playtesting and people will always find ways to break the script, I guess. 50 missions times an hour is a lot of manpower to thoroughly test over and over, and we did massive redesign to the missions during the last six months.

So if there is a mission ending bug, it would be much more useful to know exactly which mission and under which conditions than get one liners in totally unrelevant places like here.

Martin

I didn't want to do it over again, 'cause I'd surely wind up losing to the victory conditions a third time.

All I'm saying is that depending on the mission (and the gamer, lol tongue.gif ) you can spend well over the time required to fix a track.

Moon: I'm not a beta tester, and I don't keep a pad of paper by my system to write down what's wrong with games I play. I'd love to help, but I've decided to not play while I wait for the patch so as to avoid getting aggravated. I'm also not sure how mentioning victory conditions in a thread about "what needs to be fixed" and in relation to fixing tracks is irrelevant, but whatever.

So, Moon. Do you think its practical to put in the ability of the crews to be able to fix a track? I know it was done, from all the reading I have done on WWII. I think it could be done in such a manner that it would be very risky to do(plus time consuming), unless you were safe from enemy fire at the time that it could be done. In other words, if you risk it during a heated battle, you could wind up losing your crew. From earlier post I wrote here, I could have really used that Tiger later in the mission, and He was not in any danger where He was. So, why not the crew be able to repair it, and get back into the battle.

Mike

I don't know if the AI sends the individual troops to cover when under fire, I've noticed that when i send a squad in formation to a fix point say in a village to engagae there stay in the open, or Are displayed in the open see screenshot, are the dev's thinking of puting a order in that instructs the troopers to engage from behind cover, this would save you clicking on each trooper to place them behind a wall, the defend order dosn't seem to do this.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/youonebucket/grab_2007_4_29_22_54_13_375.jpg

Good gaming

[ May 10, 2007, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: you1 ]

It doesn't seem to, if you give a move order they go to the exact spots you send them to, any other order after that and they appear to stick to their positions, even if they're slightly out of cover and it makes no sense for them not to adjust. That said with no orders applied they do seem to wander around a little - no idea if this is them getting into cover or not though.

I agree though, a group move command that gets the individual infantrymen to pick final waypoints behind some sort of cover unless ordered individually to do otherwise would save a HUGE amount of micromanagement.

Have fun

Finn

Guest lmgroth
Originally posted by K9crump:

So, Moon. Do you think its practical to put in the ability of the crews to be able to fix a track? I know it was done, from all the reading I have done on WWII.

I've read accounts of track repair too... but when they mentioned time it was always at least an hour or so.