Widescreen

I recently bought a 22 inch widescreen monitor and need to know if there is any way to get it to work with CM.

Both CM:BB and AK are stretched. Of course, I can simply use my 19 inch LCD to play CM, but if there is a way to make these games work on a widescreen resolution, that'd be nice.

The first thing you'll need to do is delete your Prefs file for each game. With your desktop set to the appropriate native widescreen resolution startup CM and go through the resolution selection process.

What resolutions you're offered may be a bit of a mystery. I had once thought that CM's maximum resolution was 1600x1200. However I'm fairly certain that I saw a 1920x1200 or some such resolution offered once. I've also seen some widescreen-oriented resolutions offered on occasion. This most likely may have to do with a particular driver version and what CM will see as being available to it. I don't think I've specifically seen something like 1440x900 or whatever (one of the more common widescreen resolutions at the moment). So what you're offered will probably be a bit of a crapshoot depending on your videocard, the specific driver you're using and possibly a Windows monitor definition.

On the monitor end the only way to avoid the 'stretching' is to have a 1:1 pixel mapping setting which maps the displayed resolution to each physical pixel rather than stretching them to fill the screen. It goes by a variety of names (which escape me at the moment), but not all displays support such a feature. Of course using such a feature typically results in the sides of the screen being unused (which is what you're trying to avoid). The one bonus to this is that the image will appear sharper since it is mapped to the native pixel structure of the display.