lol the invincible BT7

Freeboy

OK, for those who do not know, this tank is a lemon, not bad by 1939 standards, but still, in 41 42 it is outclassed by almost everything.

What makes it a lol, in the first train station German battle, about the tenth time trying to win, the last tank the enemy had was a lone BT7.

I had two pac 40 75mm at guns and about 4 or 5 tanks, 25 men and all I did was pound this guy..

even my armor peircing shells bouncing off, I did not see one penetrating round, and after about 30 hits I stopped counting. I wonder if there is some "uber" code, as I have played probably 25hours and never seen anything like this, that causes one tank to become an alien devi

ce sent back through time and space to change the course of gaming destiny! :D

Originally posted by Freeboy:

OK, for those who do not know, this tank is a lemon, not bad by 1939 standards, but still, in 41 42 it is outclassed by almost everything.

What makes it a lol, in the first train station German battle, about the tenth time trying to win, the last tank the enemy had was a lone BT7.

I had two pac 40 75mm at guns and about 4 or 5 tanks, 25 men and all I did was pound this guy..

even my armor peircing shells bouncing off, I did not see one penetrating round, and after about 30 hits I stopped counting. I wonder if there is some "uber" code, as I have played probably 25hours and never seen anything like this, that causes one tank to become an alien devi

Ditto for all the soviet armor.

Gotta love those objective russian devs.

i just played the demo yet. im tempted to buy this game, since i realy like the micro cc style thingie.

but aparently, there are some real issues with the engine (los) which makes this game hard to like. a working dev team can fix this though.

a heavy bias towards russian equipment will pobably stick around though, since the devs had put it in on purpose.

ive seen this before. if you are a follower of the il2 flight simulation (no energy bleed on russian fighters for example), you know what i am talking about. this is a possible show stopper, since it makes a mockery out of the whole simulation approach.

Almost certainly a bug. In that mission the only tank I had trouble taking out was the T-34 (appropriately enough). The BT-7's died easily to AP rounds from my PzIVC's. My PaK's went almost completely unused in that one oddly enough...

And BillyBob, if that was the case, then how do you explain the Prokhrovka(sp?) scenario, where aside from a tracked Tiger and PzIVH, I eliminated EVERY Soviet tank, most with one shot, and suffered no actual tank destructions myself?

Or how a scenario or two later, on the defense, on JagpanzerIV took out a SU-85, SU-122, and at least three T-34's? Oh, and the JPIV was fine at the end of the scenario?

Which scenario is it and what difficulty level did you play on? I would like to try it myself and see what I can find.

FIRST GERAMIN TRAIN STATION BATTLE

and I was playing on the middle level

Note, this is the only time I have seen this, and on the next round, as I saved the game prior to this, the tanks all died without incident, so it was isolated. For anyone interested in small scale tank warfare, Two very enthusiastic thumbs up, I like this game although like others feel it could be so much more.

FIRST GERAMIN TRAIN STATION BATTLE

and I was playing on the middle level

Note, this is the only time I have seen this, and on the next round, as I saved the game prior to this, the tanks all died without incident, so it was isolated. For anyone interested in small scale tank warfare, Two very enthusiastic thumbs up, I like this game although like others feel it could be so much more.

I just replayed it on highest and sometimes you shoot and shoot on a tank, but when you take a closer look thers is bush in the way, and if you inch a bit to a side you will get a clear shot and then boom. Excactly this thing happend to me with a t-60 light tank. the weird thing is that there is visible hits on the tank but in reality i believe you dont hit it at all becasues of LOS degraded, it just SEEMs you hit it. You understand what i mean?

By the way i had only 2 panzers left after I won it........pffft....

nope, I understand los and lif, no issue for me at all, I see my guns go BOOM and my tanks go BOOM and it was so comical after the first twenty to forty rounds when the smart IA decided it was invincable and started chasing down my infantry and my tanks where chasing this one tank, it was too comical.. like I said, Isaw a ton of hits, both ap acr and he hit and NO PENETRATIONS in the close up mode!

considering these same guys killed off the t34's!

It was one of those surreal moments!

Like whatching the Red Sox win the World series..

fyi for non American nonbaseball readers, The redsox had not won the WS in modern times, until VERY recently..

? Do you remember where u where when the Mets easy out dribbled through the legs? LOL!

That has gotta be a bug or bad tactics. I am well into the German campaign on Veteran difficulty level, and the BT-7s have been nothing but cannon fodder.

Once, I thought I had the same type of situation, until I realized that my dumbass had ordered the tank crews to fire with HE. Oops! redface.gif

That is easy to spot, btw, if hits on the tank make big booms but do little damage.